• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I think I just found Heaven

I started filling my trucks up at the coop, no particular reason. Anyway I always hand calculate my full mileage each fill up so I filled up and wow 17mpg in my 05 :wow: It has never goten better than 16. So I was observing the pumps and in fine print and it said 5% bio deisel.Three days later I full up my 01 and she got 16:thumb1: and she weighs 11k loaded with all my junk.This is with two stroke in the tank. Work truck normally gets 14.5 to 15.75. I like this bio stuff, we have never had it around our little town. Pay a little more but hey more mileage.

I'd like to hear more of your results. I can get B20 but its an hour away. I thought I had a loss with it but not convinced. I know its an excellent lube and cleaner but I thought it also grew algae. I'd analyze the fuel filter once you change it to make sure nothing weird is going on. Sounds like you go through fuel too fast to matter though. I also don't get the higher price. The B20 is 20 cents higher than regular diesel. Yet E85 is cheaper, hmmmmmmmmmm :cookoo:

Around here there is a small station that sells B-99 in the summer (canola oil). The power and mileage drop slightly (you don't notice it until you go back to regular diesel), but my truck runs way smoother on it, and the exhaust stinks like burned french fry oil not the sweet smell of diesel. My truck also hazes on an idle with it, BUT the price of diesel around here is $4.099 to $4.199 and the bio is at $3.889. Curious what I get out of this tank full.

My brother brews his own bio diesel and I have made some also and run it in my 93 and 99. I did not see a noticable loss of power, but I did not haul heavy loads at the time. I currently run b-5 in my 99 and still see around 22 mpg empty, so I do not think that there is too much loss of power and it does seem to run quiter, I still use 2 stroke oil as well. I would like to start brewing bio out here but I am not sure where I would get the oil to process into bio-diesel.

Sorry I have not checked on this thread since I started it :doh: I will have to fuel up my 01 work truck about Monday or Tues. and I will see what happens then.I dont know where the fuel mileage came from, I just started fueling up at the coop and thats when the higher mileage came into play. My 05, I had to pull my 32' trailer about 60miles so it wont be right to check mileage. But in the 05 I been running the Amsoil concetrate, I bought a case of the stuff so I figured might as well burn it. It is on about 5th tank full, it may have just taken it this long to have and effect I dont know, I really dought it. The bio was the onlything I could come up with, I have heard of power loss with running it before but thought it was at a higher dosage than 5%.Like I said before the 05 has never gotten better than 16 until just recent. Could be the blind hog thing going on :lmao:

• 1 month later...

I started filling my trucks up at the coop, no particular reason. Anyway I always hand calculate my full mileage each fill up so I filled up and wow 17mpg in my 05 :wow: It has never goten better than 16. So I was observing the pumps and in fine print and it said 5% bio deisel. Three days later I full up my 01 and she got 16:thumb1: and she weighs 11k loaded with all my junk. This is with two stroke in the tank. Work truck normally gets 14.5 to 15.75. I like this bio stuff, we have never had it around our little town. Pay a little more but hey more mileage.

Hell, I thought you were happy because she had big blue eyes and a body to kill for and wanted only you, oh well.....

• 2 weeks later...