• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Line-X ALL OF IT!

YEEEAAA!I seriously think doing a spray bedliner on the whole exterior of the truck is the way to go for N idaho! Anyone ever though of doing it or have done it and what did you think or do you think of it?To me its a no brainer. No more scratches, more dent resistant, dont have to worry about rust, probably easy to clean. I would think the advantages outweigh the dis.

:) So I dug into the subject a little deeper last night. Looks like some fellas on CF discussed this very issue as well. They were trying to actually figure out if a product was worth the while and ended up going with it for all their needs. Its suppose to actually be better than the competition like Rhino and line-x. I said this before and it was about the time the car dealer people say, but at 4 years I got rid of my truck to get this one. I really do not want to get rid of the truck, because I have put alot of money into it already that I would never see again. I'm not a fan of newer trucks, so the only way I would ever get rid of it is if I could ever find that rare '98 12-valve with the newer features like my '99 and was a long bed with a 6-speed. Has not happened and the wife says I'm committing adultry looking at other trucks. :lmao: Anyhoo, the CF guys really got me sold on the product as well. You can even mix in any color you want and even have the OEM paint color. I was thinking about doing a 2-tone color. Probably make it the OEM color of silver I have and then make the lower portion black. Thats an ultimate protection in my book! Still can retain the OEM look, too! You can also make it coarse or smooth thick or thin. My bet is you could really make it work out well! Here is the thread to the topic: http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/accessories-installations/173825-als-liner-diy-spray-bedliner-kit.html I think I would do everything I have in this stuff, trailers, bumpers, equipment, list goes on and on!

Yea, I know what you mean. I'm usually a sucker though. If I see a good handful of people like that on CF who are sold on the product and especially had first hand experience with it, I usually take it as a good judge of the product.I rarely have ever talked to anyone about the line-x and how durable it was. I just went in to a line-x place and took a looky loo at it.

I've wanted to do the rocker panels for years. Just haven't had the spare cash nor the time. I thought about doing it in the color red since I have a red truck but after hearing from numerous people that the stuff can fade, I thought pink wouldn't look so cool. :)

I've wanted to do the rocker panels for years. Just haven't had the spare cash nor the time. I thought about doing it in the color red since I have a red truck but after hearing from numerous people that the stuff can fade, I thought pink wouldn't look so cool. :)

Just do it in black.

I agree. How much prep is required?

Well, I know that with Al's Liner it takes this:

http://www.alsliner.com/faq

[h=1]How do I prepare the surface to spray?[/h][h=1]Wood requires no preparation. Fiberglass and metal need to be scuffed with 36 grit or coarser medium. Sand blasting will give you a great surface. Wipe clean with a good solvent to eliminate surface contamination.[/h]

YEEEEA!!! Nice! :thumbup2:Looks good. I really like the front bumper, too. Especially the Mopar hooks!What I do not get is how the rear bumper was done. Looks like the plastic was coated in the liner? Was it a chrome bumper before?Did you get it Line-X'ed or in some other liner?The rear bumper would make me a little worried, as I have read bedliner does not like to stick to chrome or plastic.

Yes, it was a chrome bumper and I actually popped the top plastic pieces off before I took it to them but they said it would look better if it was all done. I thought so too but didnt know if it would stick but they assured me it would be fine and Line-x is lifetime warranty nationwide. They actually went inside and out of both bumpers so it wouldnt peel up anywhere. I dont know if they actually scuffed up the chrome but I am tickled with how it came out. I had no plans to even do the back bumper but I saw a ford with the bumpers done recently and it looked good. I started to have the hooks sprayed but figured they would get torn up.

Yes, it was a chrome bumper and I actually popped the top plastic pieces off before I took it to them but they said it would look better if it was all done. I thought so too but didnt know if it would stick but they assured me it would be fine and Line-x is lifetime warranty nationwide. They actually went inside and out of both bumpers so it wouldnt peel up anywhere. I dont know if they actually scuffed up the chrome but I am tickled with how it came out. I had no plans to even do the back bumper but I saw a ford with the bumpers done recently and it looked good. I started to have the hooks sprayed but figured they would get torn up.

No kidding?! Wow! I just might see about getting my bumper done up then. I was thinking about making a custom rear bumper too, but this can change everything. BTW, what kind of front bumper is that your running? That is the kind of bumper I wanna run!