• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Overload spring cushions on 3500

so you think it not that the truck suspension is too low, but rather the overload main leaf is just closer to the pads due to the additional thickness of the overload pack?

That would be my best guess, I can't say for certain from here lol. If you removed the 3 extra springs that would likely gain the right distance between the springs and rubber pads. It would certainly help the ride if you don't need the extra capacity.

Torklift sells the bumper pads that bolt onto the 'L' shaped stop that is connected to your frame. The bumper pad is kind of in the shape of a trapazoid and actually is much thicker than the standard isolator pad that comes stock on the truck.I run then on both my 2nd gen and 3rd gen. They engage the spring pack much sooner than the stock pad and there is no sag in the truck when you load it up. I don't notice any rougher ride with them as compared to the stock set up.

post-11041-138698191959_thumb.jpg

Go to your local hardware store and buy four rubber (Fernco) couplings. I am pretty sure you need 3" ones. Slide them on your stops and you should be fine. My truck has been like that for over 11 Years! post-18-138698192115_thumb.jpg You would want the straight ones.......

• Like 1

I may be imagining things... I have only a 2500/8800gvw... but in the OPs truck: I think I'm seeing a piece of steel above the frame and below the rear body cross members... that the overloads are hitting. Is that part of the bed? I'm not seeing the stops. If I'm seeing it right, this steel would be making contact before the suspension has a chance to work.

Are those the OEM overloads? You have an isolator on one side, but not the other.

That's what I am wondering also. Did someone change the original overloads to an aftermarket version and it doesn't fit the same and contacts the stops prematurely. The stock overloads on both my 2nd gen and third gen have only two leaves. That's why I am thinking yours have been replaced with an entirely different overload spring pack.