• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

I hope this doesn't come to Idaho.

Mopar1973Man

Seems the statement the Mayor said only once, and very quickly, was if they are caring an illegal weapon to call.

How do you know who is legal and not legal ?

How soon will they be swamped with thousands of calls ?

So what of the harassment to the legal owners ?

Where does this money come from to pay the $1,000 ??? Another bail out ?

In my area, there will be few calls, if any. We can care and many do, but they do it legally.

And I feel this is another Democratic way to make us like England and feel lucky to own a shotgun or rifle.

Is it any coincidence election time is quickly approaching? Ive seen some stunts around here by our local politicians to try and draw attention to them but this takes the cake. I saw this guy in the news a while ago he supposedly went into a burning house and pulled some people out of a fire while fire fighters in full gear said it was too dangerous to go in. Pretty sure that was another publicity stunt too.

• Owner

I know I not the type to start gov't threads but when MoparMom popped open that video from one of her sites and I heard that I just about lost it. :wow::stuned:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution Like another person said the day they take the right away to bear arms will be the day he turns into a criminal. Which I totally agree. Because once you remove the weapons from the general public it will be only the criminals that will be armed and dangerous. :rolleyes:

• Staff

I know I not the type to start gov't threads but when MoparMom popped open that video from one of her sites and I heard that I just about lost it. :wow::stuned:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution Like another person said the day they take the right away to bear arms will be the day he turns into a criminal. Which I totally agree. Because once you remove the weapons from the general public it will be only the criminals that will be armed and dangerous. :rolleyes:

Mike, if I turned you in I'd be able to pay cash for a 30,000 acre ranch in Riggins.:drool:

• Staff
:lol::lol:I don't think things will get to where they take away all our guns... just the guys that have violent criminal records can't have them.I can't remember, but, there is a town somewhere, where the city gov't gets free law enforcement. Saves big money. It's because there is a law that says you must carry in town. Turns out there is no crime. Not much to speak of anyhow. There's other places in the world it's proven the more LEGAL guns the less crime. And I'd bet they are a very polite helpful bunch too... without grudges and not many terrorists either.

It was said there have been countries in the past that took weapons away from the general citizens and they were protected by the government. I believe their leaders were Stalin, Hitler, Mao and such. And it's documented papers were found after WW2 that said an attack was never to happen from the Japanese on our main land soil due to the fact they knew there was more weapons here than in their entire military forces combined and they knew we had an attitude against being taken over by a another government. I read an article that said if you counted all the weapons used for hunting in Wisconsin, and I believe Michigan, it would be considered the 2nd largest armed force in the world. That did not count the rest of the stated added to the list. Who in their right mind would screw with us ?Now, Let's add in the U.N. and Clinton with the laws they want to impose to the world. That would make it impossible for anyone to own a weapon in the world, except the militaries for the established governments. (I'm not sure if this covers shotguns or single shot center fired rifles that would be allowed for hunting, but did include hand guns.) If you turn your back, the blood will flow.

Jag1: The town is Kennesaw Ga, about 25 miles north of Atlanta. When they passed the law REQUIRING gun ownership, crime dropped to almost nothing. And even though the town has been swallowed up by Metro Atlanta (suburbs) it has avoided the crime that other areas (even a few miles away) have. I used to live very close to Kennesaw and it was, and still is, a very nice place to live. They do still have a police force though, the citizens are not the police (like a volunteer firehouse)

• Like 2

I don't think things will get to where they take away all our guns... just the guys that have violent criminal records can't have them.

Unfortunately, I disagree with you and I would almost go as far as to say that is a naive statement... If you only knew what they have brewing, you would understand we are on the edge of entering a disaster. This is exactly the same thing they have done in europe and they also do this in other areas of the nation as well. This is not the first time they have done this and won't be the last.

Correct me if I am wrong and totally missing the mark/point but the the way I read and understand this is he is talking about ILLEGAL GUNS carried in public and not what you have in your house. They run guns from VA & NC and sell them on the streets of New York ,New Jersey and Connecticut and have been known to remove the serial numbers. These guns are found in the hands of drug dealers and young kids who are want to be type criminal type creeps. They have also have/had similar programs like this in the bigger cities like LA,Houston,Miami where crimes have been through the roof.HastaBoQUOTE=Mopar1973Man;62142]New Jersey giving $1000 dollar reward to turn people with firearms. :mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_rY8ZUbrnU

I believe in the 2nd Admendment Right I Open Carry and Conceal Carry. :thumbup2:

• Staff
Correct me if I am wrong and totally missing the mark/point but the the way I read and understand this is he is talking about ILLEGAL GUNS carried in public and not what you have in your house. They run guns from VA & NC and sell them on the streets of New York ,New Jersey and Connecticut and have been known to remove the serial numbers. These guns are found in the hands of drug dealers and young kids who are want to be type criminal type creeps. They have also have/had similar programs like this in the bigger cities like LA,Houston,Miami where crimes have been through the roof.

Hasta

Bo

QUOTE=Mopar1973Man;62142]New Jersey giving $1000 dollar reward to turn people with firearms. :mad:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_rY8ZUbrnU

I believe in the 2nd Admendment Right I Open Carry and Conceal Carry. :thumbup2:

Seems the statement the Mayor said only once, and very quickly, was if they are caring an illegal weapon to call.

HAHA, If i mention that i own guns you bet i will get a call from the cops.

How do you know who is legal and not legal ?

Easy, there are only 1,500 legal CCW permits in a state of 8.5 Million odds are really good you will never find those carry holders, since they are all politically connected.

How soon will they be swamped with thousands of calls ?

I duno

So what of the harassment to the legal owners ?

HAHA, leaving the gun range withing sight of a police officer is warrant enough to find a reason to pull you over

(ask me how i know)

Where does this money come from to pay the $1,000 ??? Another bail out ?

Most likely from trenton, that have nothing better to waste our money on, first its for a law requiring seatbelts for dogs , now its money for guns.

In my area, there will be few calls, if any. We can care and many do, but they do it legally.

And I feel this is another Democratic way to make us like England and feel lucky to own a shotgun or rifle.

Insane answers in blue,

behind enemy lines in NJ

• Owner

Like I posted on the other forum. It won't matter if your legal gun owner or not the fact is you have every low life drug user thinking "I know of these people that own guns" and he'll turn you in. Legal owned or not how does the law efforcement know. They just take them.

2nd Admenment

Experience in America prior to the U.S. Constitution

In no particular order, early American settlers viewed the right to arms and/or the right to bear arms and/or state militias as important for one or more of these purposes:[25][26][27][28][29][30][31][32]

[*]deterring tyrannical government;

[*]repelling invasion;

[*]suppressing insurrection;

[*]facilitating a natural right of self-defense;

[*]participating in law enforcement;

[*]enabling the people to organize a militia system.

And when considering the meaning of the 2nd Amendment, we can look at the various discussions that relate to "gun rights" based on the Federalist Papers. Rather than trying to discern the "meaning" of what constitutes a "well-regulated militia" by reading more contemporary documents, we can actually find out what most of the founding fathers intended by reading THEIR writings.F

Federalist Paper 28 - the right of self defense...and it includes right of self-defense against a tyrannical government.

Three jurists, who were contemporaries of the Founders, and wrote constitutional commentaries, read the Second Amendment as protecting a private, individual right to keep arms. There is no contrary evidence from that period. [Modern jurists look for either "eminations of penumbras" (finding something else in the Constitution that had not previously been found by lesser individuals), or they decide that a "living Constitution" requires the occasional "benefit" of being updated by jurists far smarter than mere mortals in our country, rather than rely on the provisions WITHIN the Constitution about how it can be changed. ]

In his popular edition of Blackstone's Commentaries on the Laws of England (1803), St. George Tucker - a lawyer, Revolutionary War militia officer, legal scholar, and later a U.S. District Court judge (appointed by James Madison in 1813), wrote of the Second Amendment:

The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, and this without any qualification as to their condition or degree, as is the case in the British government.

When someone tells me that restrictions should be allowed because our Founding Fathers did not envision fully automatic rifles that far exceeded the capabilities of the technology that they had at the time (muzzle loaders), I then politely inquire as to our rights of free speech and free press being subject to revision and limitations, because our Founding Fathers didn't envision megaphones, radio and TV increasing the ability of one person to speak to large crowds, nor did they envision fully automatic high speed printing presses that would increase the distribution of the printed word far more than possible in the 18th century. [And of course - I also point out to them that after they successfully abolish the 2nd amendment, the 1st amendment can be crushed without the means to protect it!]
  • Like 1

I don't really see a problem but everything should stay in their own areas. As in, if they need to take all the guns away in that city to stop crime, then ok. If that other town needs everyone to have guns to stop crime, then ok. A town with nothing but the mafia and a town of honest people are towns with different needs. Let the mafia people get their guns taken away, turn each other in, kill each other for back stabbing, whatever, I think the mayor sees something we don't. It just seems to me like that stuff strikes everyone else as weird even though its fine for that town. The pro gun town is weird to me.. Every town has weird laws. I think any government official in wyoming only has to be 17. It fits the bill for the area.... If you go to alaska you will find coats, snowmobiles, etc, if you go to brazil you will find bikini's. If the people support his idea in this town, then they must know something we don't. And it's only illegal guns he wants to get rid of. Seems to me to be the same as turning people in who have a stolen car and giving them $1000.. :2cents: