• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Guns.....

ISX

Check off the top 3 things you think should be done to prevent school shootings  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Check off the top 3 things you think should be done to prevent school shootings

• Strengthen Gun Laws
    • Keep Gun Regulations the Same or Relax Them
    • Arm the Schools
    • Improve School Security System
    • Cut Down on Violence in the Media
    • Improve Mental Health Care/Drug Control (Ritilin, etc.)
    • Think About Families, Not the Shooter
    • Focus on Parenting
    • Bolster Kids' Social Skills
    • Watch Out for One Another

...Has anyone noticed, there has been no mention of our 'fiscal cliff', Mideast crisis, or any other crap coming out of DC since the shooting?...... Also, I wonder how huge this story would of been, if this nutbag used his car to plow through the building.. and the exact number of lives were taken?

My previous reply was far too long. After watching the political freak show circus put on at the Sandy Hook Auditorium. I think we are screwed beyond what the imagination can conjure. IF you had ideas of buying any kind of a firearm before, you better get one NOW. You may not get a chance in the future. Same goes for magazines and ammunition.

• Staff

No doubt It's an evil mind and soul that commits these acts. But certainly teaching children about the ten commandments, God, loving others as yourself, as commanded, gives them a choice. Without a seed of truth planted in them they have little choice.No doubt some are pulled up by their boot straps just knowing there might be a real hell when they die.I believe there is a hell but not fire like we know it..... more likely something much worse and just knowing what you missed out on for eternity that would make me burn.That's all I have to say about all that :ashamed: except not laying down God's law is destroying America and it's children.

• Like 1

No doubt It's an evil mind and soul that commits these acts. But certainly teaching children about the ten commandments, God, loving others as yourself, as commanded, gives them a choice. Without a seed of truth planted in them they have little choice. No doubt some are pulled up by their boot straps just knowing there might be a real hell when they die. I believe there is a hell but not fire like we know it..... more likely something much worse and just knowing what you missed out on for eternity that would make me burn. That's all I have to say about all that :ashamed: except not laying down God's law is destroying America and it's children.

:thumbup2::hyper: Yes sir! Even though everyone on here is not a believer, I'm 100% confident this is the very source of our problem/solution. We need to get God back in our lives! I'm growing impatient everyday yearning for the return of Christ. I'm growing tired constantly living in this world with a man-dominating govt. system. I look forward to having Yeshua ruling us on this world. He will rule with a rod of iron and he will be the most refreshing thing to have in this world. When the day finally comes that he rules in this world for the millenial reign, we will be doing this instead: Isaiah 2:4 "He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore." ALSO, WACH THIS: False flag event?
  • Like 1

So Obama just gave a speech in newtown at the high school about all this. Says we need to make changes yadda yadda. He also said this is the 4th big shooting he has had to grieve or something. Critics say this might be the very thing to get action done, since they say he hasn't done anything to control it. Says he might start busting balls to get stuff through. I just don't understand why he had to read off all those names, for the 4th time, to think that something finally needs to be done. I will be watching for his specifics. Yes I know you guys will say hes a loser or something who wont do anything lol. I'm gonna wait for the specifics before I make any judgement. This is what I saw about the critics. http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#/video/us/2012/12/16/ct-shooting-keilar-pkg-gun-control.cnn

All I know; is that the more you infringe/inhibit law abiding gun owners the freedom that the 2nd amendment provides........................the more there are "rampages" like what just happened in CT!!!!If the school hadn't been a "GUN FREE ZONE", I cannot help but wonder if the outcome wouldn't have been different!!!! The only thing the "No Guns" signs provide is a "TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT" for the psychos, et. al. in our society.But we ususally get the "knee jerk" reaction to this by our "so-called leaders"...............gun=evil.............must ban guns!!!!!!!!:cookoo:How many more decades of this failed logic do we need to adhere by??!!!!:banghead::cookoo:

Make no mistake about it! Obama is just a puppet. A pipe the piper. The real work is going on above. The ones who are pulling the strings are the ones you gotta watch out for...The bilderberg group is the ones calling the shots and this only serves to orchestrate this whole thing to one cumulative goal they have planned for ages.I'm buying more ammo. Not guns...

Alright so this morning I read about every school shooting since about 1998. As in, at least 50 of them. I basically just skipped through to their motives. An incredible amount had been bullied in school, were loners, etc. A lot of them didn't seem to have any notion of antidepressants. One of them even quit taking prozac a month before he did his shooting. Then others had increased their dose right before the shooting. It's a little inconsistent to say if drugs are really the issue. I found little on any drugs that the virginia tech guy was on and they claimed that leaving him undiagnosed had caused the problem. It just seems that kids take bullying to heart and want revenge. One of them I found odd was a 6 year old who found a gun laying around at his house, took it to school, told a girl that he didnt like her, and shot her. He threw it in the trash can and ran into the bathroom and hid. Another interesting one was that of a police chiefs kid. He shot him, stole his shotgun and pistol and squad car... Most of these guys kill themselves during the shooting. Most of them were smiling as they shot people. There was one case where the bullies actually were the shooters, though they seemed to just do it for fun and didn't kill themselves and said they were sorry yadda yadda. Another guy who didn't get to commit suicide during the shooting because he was tackled, hung himself in jail with bed sheets. A lot of them after columbine had used columbine as a guide, copycat crime. Some even studied their tactics as if the columbine students were some sort of heroes. There just seems to be a lot of loners who get bullied and they take it to the extreme. Most of them targeted JUST the person they were bullied by. One guy was abused by his parents and was bullied at school and he told teachers about it and said they did nothing about it. Eventually he got mad and yeah. But that one was really interesting because he told teachers about it while most kids dont, and they didn't care. So teachers are also part of the problem. In my school the teachers stood outside the room during class changes and you pretty well couldn't even hug anyone because of this "no contact" policy. I think it kept everyone aware though so there was never any fights. The only thing I have ever seen is on the bus someone took someone elses book and they both yelled at each other like they were gonna do something.

I've been a gun owner since I was a kid and always said that I wouldn't care to give up my right to own them. I still don't want to give up the right but I do think something needs to be done to protect children and everyone else that needs protecting. I have no idea what the right answer is. I do believe that these crimes are committed by the person and not the gun. http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=Aq4pB3FaW7dpUcXEWAMpjM2bvZx4?fr=yfp-t-701-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=spoons%20made%20me%20fat%20picture

The big difference between other school shootings and the one last week is that the shooter is almost always a student at the school. So for one reason or another they had personal feelings or motives to walk in and committ a horrible crime. Not an excuse, but in their minds a reason. Now look at the nut job from last week. He legally was an adult and he walked into a school full of babies. Not one of those kids (or teachers) for that matter could possibly have done something to him to upset him enough to carry out such a disgusting crime. I think this really highlights the mental instabilities that alot of people are growing up with. Whats causing it? Drugs? Lack of family involvement? No discipline? I dont know the answer, its probably different for everyone. But I truly believe it all starts at a young age and largely has something to do with the way a person is raised. A persons most influential years are its adolescent years. Once the mold has been made (good or bad) its very hard to break it. Morales, traditions, discipline, and responsibility are words that young kids are not very familiar with these days. Ive got a 7 and a 9 yr old and everytime I go to a school function this is very evident.

I don't buy the "loaner" description at all. IMHO, it's a code word the media uses to make the perpetrator "an outsider/not like us" type person. Heck; shyness and being introverted can, and have been, construed as being "loaner types". I'm a loaner. I don't like crowds. I do my own thing regardless of what other think often. I like to drive without the radio on...........to be alone with my own thoughts. This generation that has to "zone out" with stuff plugged into their ears, or stare at a little screen on their phone or other device is quite telling. I don't get it!!!???

I don't buy the "loaner" description at all. IMHO, it's a code word the media uses to make the perpetrator "an outsider/not like us" type person. Heck; shyness and being introverted can, and have been, construed as being "loaner types". I'm a loaner. I don't like crowds. I do my own thing regardless of what other think often. I like to drive without the radio on...........to be alone with my own thoughts. This generation that has to "zone out" with stuff plugged into their ears, or stare at a little screen on their phone or other device is quite telling. I don't get it!!!???

I think theres a difference between enjoying peace and quiet and trying to avoid people at all costs because you see no good in them.. They get bullied and mocked and they have to go to school so the only possibility is sit as far away from everyone as possible. I don't think there are "loners" out there who haven't been bullied. Sure some people like to be by themselves. Everyone at college is like that. But they are like you and want to be able to focus on their own thoughts. These guys are more or less forced to be by themselves. The bullies made them feel worthless and with nobody to convince them otherwise, they sit in the back of the room and portray what the bullies say they are.

Thus far, I have avoided discussion here of this topic. However, I bring a few points in summary of what I see of the discussion.

[*]We have a problem with nut jobs more or less deciding "life is a lie, go out with a bang!"

[*]The source of the cause of such nut jobs should be investigated, but that will unlikely be anything of a fix in the near or even mid term timeline.

[*]We need to make changes to find a method to protect ourselves and our children from such public acts of violence in the future.

[*]The current broad sweeping proposed gun control will most likely not have a significant effect on violence. For simplicity, I reference school bombings dating to 1927 and the fact that such deranged people will find alternatives to carry out their plans.

[*]We must put effective barriers between the lawless and good folks.

For my personal take on these points.

Now, what those barriers are and how they are enacted, need to be discussed objectively by the people, educators, and branches of government. Function and near term results should be a priority for that discussion.

We are not dealing with normal people or even normal criminals. That should be kept in perspective. We are dealing with people that are very patient, good planners, are intelligent, and are resourceful.

Historically, as a country, when we were faced with lawless attacks with deadly force that occurred too rapidly for any local authorities or military force to effectively respond we did one thing. The law abiding citizens armed themselves for the common defense of themselves and their loved ones. Who these individuals are I am leaving to discussion. Options of teachers, volunteers, or properly qualified citizens would be potential options.

The other effective alternative, which I see as impossible due to the massive scale required, and the massive cost, would be hardening schools and public places and setting up armed guards or a full time police force. The other downside of this, is that attackers are planners, and in most historical cases will cherry pick targets that are the most vulnerable. So in that sense, we would move from schools to parks, museums, malls, and movie theaters.

Thus far, I have avoided discussion here of this topic. However, I bring a few points in summary of what I see of the discussion.

[*]We have a problem with nut jobs more or less deciding "life is a lie, go out with a bang!"

[*]The source of the cause of such nut jobs should be investigated, but that will unlikely be anything of a fix in the near or even mid term timeline.

[*]We need to make changes to find a method to protect ourselves and our children from such public acts of violence in the future.

[*]The current broad sweeping proposed gun control will most likely not have a significant effect on violence. For simplicity, I reference school bombings dating to 1927 and the fact that such deranged people will find alternatives to carry out their plans.

[*]We must put effective barriers between the lawless and good folks.

For my personal take on these points.

Now, what those barriers are and how they are enacted, need to be discussed objectively by the people, educators, and branches of government. Function and near term results should be a priority for that discussion.

We are not dealing with normal people or even normal criminals. That should be kept in perspective. We are dealing with people that are very patient, good planners, are intelligent, and are resourceful.

Historically, as a country, when we were faced with lawless attacks with deadly force that occurred too rapidly for any local authorities or military force to effectively respond we did one thing. The law abiding citizens armed themselves for the common defense of themselves and their loved ones. Who these individuals are I am leaving to discussion. Options of teachers, volunteers, or properly qualified citizens would be potential options.

The other effective alternative, which I see as impossible due to the massive scale required, and the massive cost, would be hardening schools and public places and setting up armed guards or a full time police force. The other downside of this, is that attackers are planners, and in most historical cases will cherry pick targets that are the most vulnerable. So in that sense, we would move from schools to parks, museums, malls, and movie theaters.

Mostly sound advice. Except, the only exception in the case of deterring such atrocities is to keep and prevent a "police state" from occuring. The last thing we need is an excuse for govt. intrusion and an excuse to setup for methods of monitoring and controlling our lives and actions.

Thus, as to why I advocate perosnal responsibility. If the ones in the immediate area do the proactive approach and be alert and aware, train and arm, they are the first responders to the threat. No need for a hired govt. crony to patrol for us. Let us be the ones to police ourselves.

The drawback to this is that there has yet to be a set of accepted standardization in which people learn and train under. If a course was offered to be nationally recognized as practice, it would make the people of the republic to further understand what steps to take next in cohesion, yet the two people hae never met before.

A perfect example of this would be the fire service. Nationally, fire dept. all operate under NFPA guidelines. The depts. themselves workout the SOP's within their dept. for the smaller bugs. Just like State and federal...

• Like 1

Mostly sound advice. Except, the only exception in the case of deterring such atrocities is to keep and prevent a "police state" from occuring. The last thing we need is an excuse for govt. intrusion and an excuse to setup for methods of monitoring and controlling our lives and actions. Thus, as to why I advocate perosnal responsibility. If the ones in the immediate area do the proactive approach and be alert and aware, train and arm, they are the first responders to the threat. No need for a hired govt. crony to patrol for us. Let us be the ones to police ourselves. The drawback to this is that there has yet to be a set of accepted standardization in which people learn and train under. If a course was offered to be nationally recognized as practice, it would make the people of the republic to further understand what steps to take next in cohesion, yet the two people hae never met before. A perfect example of this would be the fire service. Nationally, fire dept. all operate under NFPA guidelines. The depts. themselves workout the SOP's within their dept. for the smaller bugs. Just like State and federal...

Also good points. The martial law / police state part is where I left it as an option. And some would like that, even on a limited basis. TSA for example. However, I don't think a full police state is on the table due to financial reasons alone. It would be impossible to implement in the U.S. Even in a relatively small country in Europe, it would be near impossible. The standardized training idea is good. And I can't speak to it now, but there is a group with practical, financial, and legal backing that is moving toward something like that for teachers. Something very similar to the FFDO (Federal Flight Deck Officer) program that has been very safe and effective by training and recurrency training airline pilots with handguns and giving them jurisdiction over their cockpits.