• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Destroyed a turbo with a hose clamp

I got ahold of GOS performance and had them track down my turbo. It's suppose to be on the brown truck tomorrow. So I'm getting all warm and fuzzy about this I can finally get the truck rolling again...

:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader::burnout::burnout2: (BTW, first time I've ever seen the burnout smiley. I love it! :lmao2:)

• Owner

This tale is all but closed now. I got my rebuilt turbo about 2pm this afternoon from theBrown Man. Dropped everything grabbed the box and shot pictures of my pretty new turbo.post-2-138698196865_thumb.jpgSo I prompty packed up and hauled down to the shop. During assembly all fasteners where coated in a liberal coating of anti-seize. Install my new BHAF not to risk the thought of debris in the old filter ruining the new turbo. I still got to drill my hole for the filter minder later. So to prime the turbo with oil I pull the fuel pump relay and cranked on the engine till oil pressure was shown on the gauge. Then plugged in the relay and fire it up. Music to my ears! The Cummins is back in action again. So I rolled it outside and proceeded to clean up tools and things while the truck idled and warmed up. 5-10 minutes later I hopped in and rolled down the road toward the fire house light and easy keeping boost mellow. Turned around head back for the house and on got it a bit and 2nd gear the tires broke loose. Shifted to 3rd got into again and tires barked. The butt dyno was happy as hell. Came back home left it idling. Paint was burning off the exhaust housing. Checked for oil leaks and all was good. So I grab some tools and my jacket and hauled for town. Oh man is so nice to have the beast back. So after a trip to town and playing I came back installed the whistle ring and change over to my 235's tires since winter snow is fading away fast here. Went for another test run and damn truck keeps breaking the tires loose if you get into the throttle in either 2nd or 3rd gears... So I'm extremely happy.

post-2-138698196829_thumb.jpg

post-2-138698196839_thumb.jpg

post-2-138698196846_thumb.jpg

post-2-138698196857_thumb.jpg

Yeah I'm still not sure if it was my valves or the new turbine/shaft that made my boost a lot better, but as I messed with the valves it pointed more and more to the shaft. My brother said he cleaned the shaft of a 6.0 and it was much better after. This tells me the shafts should be pulled and cleaned every 100k or so. It would be interesting to see if synthetic oil makes a difference with it since the coking is the issue. It builds up a very small amount but a small amount in an already tight tolerance does make it tighter and slower. At least from my experience anyways. I may pull mine again and see how it's holding up. And yes this is all just theories on my part but it was a very noticeable spool up gain.