• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What is the word on tuners?

I'm not changing a thing... XZT+. I run the timing (econo) tune most of the time. The +65 when necessary towing in hilly country. I have the tunes saved so long as the box doesn't take a dump. My theory is that most troubles start when downloading / installing different. As long as I stick with what I've got, hope to run a long time.

I need a new wiring harness for mine, one of the pins is bad in the plug at the box and losses contact off and on. I was going to order one about two months ago and hedged. Guess that is what I get for procrastinating. Anybody have one?Rick

• 2 weeks later...
  • Owner

I like my edge comp and now with this smarty its got good power but I would really like to find a tst comp or pm3 so I could use smarty's timing.

That's the ultimate stack set up. Myself I'm running Edge Comp and RV275's and got excellent power, Good MPG's, excellent street manners (little to no smoke at all), and enough power to break the tires loose in 2nd and 3rd gears. :burnout2:

That's the ultimate stack set up.

I gotta disagree with you on that one, Mike! Only because I ran an Edge Comp and TST PM3 Comp on my 01-:fsb::burnout: Holy crap was that fast! Still got 18 mpg on the highway, running 35 BFG KM2's, but it would throw you back in your seat if you had the Edge on 3x5 and the TST on 6, let alone 9!!!!

• Owner

I gotta disagree with you on that one, Mike! Only because I ran an Edge Comp and TST PM3 Comp on my 01-:fsb::burnout: Holy crap was that fast! Still got 18 mpg on the highway, running 35 BFG KM2's, but it would throw you back in your seat if you had the Edge on 3x5 and the TST on 6, let alone 9!!!!

Your one of the few that got bold and double stacked two real boxes... So yeah I'll have to agree with you...:ashamed:

Not sure if bold or stupid! I honestly don't know if I'd do it again-(ok, who am I kidding, I would) but it was a scary stack, just waiting for something to break on lvl 9!

- - - Updated - - -

I have a quad adrenaline but i had a regular comp before and i think it was better. I am really thinking about selling the quad and going back to a comp but drag version. does anyone run a drag comp here?

I messed with a drag comp for a bit, since a buddy of mine had one, when I had my 01. There is a noticeable difference between the drag comp and the comp, but to be honest, I think I would go the route of a TST PM3 and a smarty stack-the PM3 (or PM3 Comp) is a fuel only box, so if you wanted to add timing, you could use the Smarty to add timing, as well as more fuel. Or, one stack I had always wanted to try was the PM3 Comp and the TS MVP-it always sounded wicked, just never had the time or money.

My personal preference though is a TST Powermax over the Edge Comp-I felt that it was way more responsive and way more powerful at comparable levels than the Edge was-and it also smoked a lot less than the edge did too-that is, till I swapped out the HX35 for a slightly laggy S300....then, not so much!

• 2 weeks later...

before p pumping my old 99 i ran tst mp3 and Haisley Machine 120hp box (forget the name, possibley dvx, they haven't made them in 5+ years) 240 hp injectors, hot rod vp, and 2.5 inlet hx-50 all on a 53 block :hyper: also ran ran edge drag comp/smarty and quad 4k adrenaline/smarty. tst/haisly had more bottom end that 913 p pump with full cut's and 5k gsk. i now run 75 hp injectors and edge ez on my 98.5, i like to play it safe