• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

What tires and sizes for a 2002 2wd 2500 Ram?

Have had this truck for going on 5 years now and it came with LT265/75R16 tires on it. Believe that these are one size larger than stock? Details on the truck below on my signature.Put some new replacement tires on a year ago (same size) and two of them lasted for six months then started having tread separation issues and were replaced under warranty but still cost me $40 in the process. Now six months later the other two are gone, bouncing all over the place on the hiway. Big O tire where I got them looked at them and its replacement time.Problem is that this brand does not have this tire or model anymore. This is the SAILUN TERRAMAX H/T and its been a nice tire otherwise. Am wondering if I should go down one size to the 245's or to another brand. Am not excited about putting two new tires of a different size on the one axle. I rarely tow and this truck is pretty much my daily driver and long distance hiway vehicle. Suggestions or ideas? Thx, FT

If you stay on dry pavement... Michelin LTX has been a great tire for me and others. Size really is up to you, the factory size should be on the drivers door or door frame.

Mine came with 265's (bought it new) door sticker even shows 265's. I didn't even realize 245 was the norm until a few years ago. I've put nothing but LTXs on it, same as what came on it. Scared to mess with a good thing now. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LTXs in my sig ARE the OEM tires, apparently a factory upgrade. Mike posted the 245/85 are same diameter, narrower footprint less rolling resistance. I'm planning winter tires in this size... less pushing snow in front of the tires.

We ended up going with the stock sized "Made in America" Coopers, 10 ply truck tires as I do tow from time to time.The old tires were damm Chinese tires and will never run with those again! All four eventually croaked after 1/4 life... Thanks for the ideas guys!