• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

This evening's road trip...

Rogan

[ATTACH]5393[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5394[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]5395[/ATTACH] Now I just need to get taillight harnesses and get the bumper on. JD7210 bucket scales showed 1360lbs wow! Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Did you weigh the oem bed by chance? everytime I ever moved one I swore they were heavy as hell but in reality theyre just more awkward than anything. Im guessing not much more than a couple hundred pounds. Truck looks great

Did you weigh the oem bed by chance? everytime I ever moved one I swore they were heavy as hell but in reality theyre just more awkward than anything. Im guessing not much more than a couple hundred pounds. Truck looks great

I think he said 600 something.. but it also had the bumper and reese hitch laying in the bed, along with a wood pallet.

- - - Updated - - -

any ideas as to where I could get the rubber hose to extend the fuel filler neck? I assume a radiator hose in unacceptable..

I personally like/liked the look of the flatbed.:2cents: But coming from a farm/ranch and service background I am partial to beds instead of boxes.

Same here. I have seen them black and without the rust and they look pretty slick. I know a lot of guys swear by flatbeds and will never go back to a box. 4 wheelers can be loaded from any angle and you have more room. Sacks of whatever you use on the farm you just throw on. But I use mine as a minivan so I'll keep my bed :lol: Theres benefits to both. Last year when I went riding for a week at a huge riding area, we loaded the trailer as packed as we could loaded my bed full of firewood and threw a 4 wheeler on top of the firewood. So it has it's place. I think some people have little slots for side rails on flat beds so they could easily get their "bed" back to a point. There is also the look of the truck to figure out which class you're in at the fashion show.

There is a difference between service style beds and flat beds and tow beds. His was a dedicated tow bed with a couple storage compartments.Don't lump them all into the same category guys, they all have a different purpose. I have had just as many pickups over the years with flatbeds and service beds as I have had boxes.

Ok, so anyway, the bed I had was a great bed for it's purpose. If I towed for a living, then it would've been perfect, if that's all I did. But, I needed a truck bed for hauling things without a trailer, or having to tie/strap stuff down every time.The rust looked a helluva lot worse than it was. And that bed was freaking heavy.. The clearance between the overloads and the stops has increased by 2.25" with this bed on, versus the old bed. It was insanely heavy. The Western Hauler beds are overly built. The floor section has cross-beams of 2x2x.25 wall box tubing every 8 inches, from front to back.