• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Road Rant....

JAG1

• Staff

I can't stand it when I'm going 35 over the limit in the slow lane and gettin' tailgated by a car with those stupid looking lights on top.Sent to me by a race car driver friend of mine :lmao2:

• Like 1

I can't stand it when I'm going 35 over the limit in the slow lane and gettin' tailgated by a car with those stupid looking lights on top. Sent to my by a race car driver friend of mine :lmao2:

I dunno...... I like the looks of those lights now. They are so pretty when they flash on and off.......

Me and a buddy were out running the blue lights the other day and he pulled over:doh:. We were testing his new Contagious 5x.020 injectors in his pull truck and he is drawing attention to himself at the stop light touching 5k rpms. The light turns green and we turn left onto a 45mph two lane blacktop. If he had just waited till he topped the hill he could have given it hell coming down the other side but he lit into it right away. Looking behind us all I could see was smoke for 1/2 mile but he could see blue lights. I said "you know these back roads and we have a mile on him" but he pulled over. We waited for a minute or so before he got there. He only got him for 70mph in a 45, thankfully he didn't shoot him on the downside of that hill because we hit over 100.:pray: Ticket was $279 and I thought he got off pretty lucky!:spend:

Hate these low profile lights... hard to spot from a distance. State Police are running a variety of unmarked cars including a black Dodge Charger with all sorts of pretty lights in the windows. Have not got me... yet...

Reserving this post for future "EDIT" upon replies below!!!I just don't get the whole premise of the original post???:2cents::shrug: Are we supposed to "feel" "sorry" for you???!!!:duh:Your OP essentially sounds like the proverbial, "idiot in action"!!!!:2cents: Did you ask yourself this question prior?????..............."Hold my beer, and watch this."???????:duh::cookoo:You not only endangered Michael and I, but everyone else on this site with your testosterone spewage down the road. Grow up.Just saying.......................

Reserving this post for future "EDIT" upon replies below!!! I just don't get the whole premise of the original post???:2cents::shrug: Are we supposed to "feel" "sorry" for you???!!!:duh: Your OP essentially sounds like the proverbial, "idiot in action"!!!!:2cents: Did you ask yourself this question prior?????..............."Hold my beer, and watch this."???????:duh::cookoo: You not only endangered Michael and I, but everyone else on this site with your testosterone spewage down the road. Grow up. Just saying.......................

The OP was sent to him from someone else as is said at the end of the post.. I think it was also just a joke from his friend as well. Calm down dorkweed lol.
  • Like 2

• Staff

Sorry for the misleading Dorkweed... it is intended as a jokeKinda like.... "I hate it when those cops pull me over for a ticket, can't they see I'm in a big hurry and just drop it in the mail? :wink:

• Like 1

If this is the rant thread... yesterday I went to the market. Pulled into the HC space, hung my placard from the mirror. Some other shopper pushes a carriage up between the vehicles & leaves it in the cross hatched area so I can't open my car door. It should be obvious but the cross hatched area are not carriage returns. Now I'll say, leaving a carriage forward (where the front wheel is) is not necessarily a bad thing. Why? Because my earlier self used them as a walker to shop... and if all the way forward do not block the door. I NEED the extra space because I need to get the door wide open so I can get in/out... and it's not easy.

If this is the rant thread... yesterday I went to the market. Pulled into the HC space, hung my placard from the mirror. Some other shopper pushes a carriage up between the vehicles & leaves it in the cross hatched area so I can't open my car door. It should be obvious but the cross hatched area are not carriage returns. Now I'll say, leaving a carriage forward (where the front wheel is) is not necessarily a bad thing. Why? Because my earlier self used them as a walker to shop... and if all the way forward do not block the door. I NEED the extra space because I need to get the door wide open so I can get in/out... and it's not easy.

Thats where a big steel bumper comes in handy, so you can punt the cart at the offender. If an airborne cart at 20 mph doesn't get the point across, nothing will!

After I pulled in, snuck up in my blind spot, dropped the carriage beside me & took off. I have used my car bumper before to gently nudge carts out of the HC spaces, if aimed the right way. I can not believe the stupidity of some HC persons. (Did not know their HC was mental!) Borrow a store scooter & leave it in the parking lot. Then users wonder why they are not charged? I'm taking my own TravelScoot with me these days (so my need to open doors on both sides), but sets up in 1 minute (2 if I'm slow).

• Owner

One I enjoy a bunch... Is cruising along at 55-60 MPH have one guy behind you that REALLY wants to pass bad. He takes off at full throttle around you. Running so hard you can smell catalytic converter burning (stinks like rotten eggs). Then you find him up the road pulled over by a state cop. As you drive by slowly and wave at him. You can see him totally pissed off. I've had that happen a few times since I've been in Idaho. I just love it.

One I enjoy a bunch... Is cruising along at 55-60 MPH have one guy behind you that REALLY wants to pass bad. He takes off at full throttle around you. Running so hard you can smell catalytic converter burning (stinks like rotten eggs). Then you find him up the road pulled over by a state cop. As you drive by slowly and wave at him. You can see him totally pissed off. I've had that happen a few times since I've been in Idaho. I just love it.

yup that is a good one. there is just something about karma that makes me smile.:tongue:

• Staff

Yep sweet revenge......

Getting on the freeway with a heavy load once on an uphill ramp, I was too slow for a guy in a rice rocket. He's so close behind it's like he's under my flatbed. Before we're on the freeway, still single lane, the guy decides to pass and speeds on down the freeway. Nice when I saw the state trooper pull out from behind a tractor trailer watching the whole thing from behind. As the trooper goes by with his lights on I give him the:thumbup2: and he pulls the guy over up ahead. That trooper made my day :lmao::drool:

- - - Updated - - -

A section of I95 in Mass headed North from Providence, RI to Boston... I was passed by a car at crazy fast speed (not like I was driving slow). A couple of miles up the road, the car was pulled over with a Trooper writing a ticket as I passed by. I was a few miles up the road when the same car passed me again going like the devil himself was in the backseat.Yup, I crest a hill & a second Trooper had the same car pulled over... writing another ticket... in the space of 10 miles... Sometimes it does a heart good!