• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Nv5600 swap

I have a 99 that the auto took a dump. Got a really good deal on a NV5600 out of an '02. Hooking stuff up and noticed there is no provision for speed sense on the trans. Where does the 2002 get is speed sense from? Am I screwed with no speedo?:think:

I have a 99 that the auto took a dump. Got a really good deal on a NV5600 out of an '02. Hooking stuff up and noticed there is no provision for speed sense on the trans. Where does the 2002 get is speed sense from? Am I screwed with no speedo?:think:

All the trucks should get their speed sensor from the rear differential. There are three speed sensors, one rear diff, and two in the front hubs for ABS. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure its not an issue.

All the trucks should get their speed sensor from the rear differential. There are three speed sensors, one rear diff, and two in the front hubs for ABS. I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure its not an issue.

Thx!!!! I thought the speed sensor was in the trans. The auto has some sensor in the place where a speedo gear would go, thought that was speed sense.Guess I was wrong.:woot:

• 2 weeks later...

Take care of that transmission with proper fluid and changes you should get a good long service life from it.

I plan on it. This truck isn't getting another one. LOL I would change the 5 speed all day long before doing this heavy sob again!!!!

I had a family gathering when I did mine. Grandsons, son, brother, and it was my wife's size 5 shoe that nudged it in on the second try. Clunk and it mated almost perfectly. Still, having the behemoth raised that high under the truck was a bit unnerving on a floor jack.