• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dome light

Is there a way to adjust timer for dome light? When I use remote to open doors dome light will be on for about a minute and there is no way to shut it off, unless I push lock button on key pad. Sometimes leaving store parking lots is annoying because I can't see where I'm going from light reflection. Plus every one outside stares at you :stuned:. It may be the way it is but I hope there is a way to change it. Lets say when I get in a truck and shut the door lights should shut off, but the only time that works if I use a key to get in, or don't luck the truck at all. Thanks for any input.

Far as I know you would need the correct software to reprogram the computer to do what you want. If you get along good with a dealership you may be able to have them change it for you.

Far as I know you would need the correct software to reprogram the computer to do what you want. If you get along good with a dealership you may be able to have them change it for you.

Thats kind of what I thought, but I don't like dealers. Worked for a few in a past what a bunch of crooks and assho.. I do my best to stay away from any dealer and any service. But anyway thanks for input.

Its been almost 6 years since i have had my hands on a drb but i dont remember being able to change the dome light times. That being said i also never had anybody want the light off sooner

Well I'm to fast for the truck:lmao:, and when I get in it im ready to go if the temps are fine, so if in Walmart or menards or whatever parking lot and I'm leaving, the truck is still worm, I jump in and ready to roll. And about 20-30 sec later my lights shut off. But anyway it's not a big deal I was just wondering if there was a way to adjust it by my self, didn't really want to go o stealership, I might just use my key to get in from now on and call it a day. Thanks for the replies :thumb1:

My truck is 01.5. I had the truck idling while I hooked up a trailer. Closed the door & the overhead lights went out instantly. I recall my Mom used to get confused by all the ways to turn on the interior lights, including the dimmer. I finally taped over the dimmer so it wouldn't get bumped & run her battery down. Does your dimmer & door switches work correctly?

My truck is 01.5. I had the truck idling while I hooked up a trailer. Closed the door & the overhead lights went out instantly. I recall my Mom used to get confused by all the ways to turn on the interior lights, including the dimmer. I finally taped over the dimmer so it wouldn't get bumped & run her battery down. Does your dimmer & door switches work correctly?

I think they do, my dimmer works fine and got 3 clicks in it, cargo dome and not sure what the third one does. And door switches work fine, when I close a door lights go off. The only time they stay on no metter what is when I use remote lock unlock. And then it will be on for a minute or so, and won't bother me again unless I use remote to unlock the truck, I'll just use a key to get in from now on, but its nice to use remote when I got someone weighting on the other side.

Could this be a key fob programming issue? I know that they can be programed to do various things with the door locks/lights/chirps etc. On my 02 SLT when I unlock the doors using the fob the dome light goes out as soon as I start the truck. The programming procedures are pretty easy to find on the web. Hope this helps.

Could this be a key fob programming issue? I know that they can be programed to do various things with the door locks/lights/chirps etc. On my 02 SLT when I unlock the doors using the fob the dome light goes out as soon as I start the truck. The programming procedures are pretty easy to find on the web. Hope this helps.

I think you're right I never got an original key when I bought my truck, might have to go to stealer and see what it would take to figure out, if it will cost more than a fill up I'm spending money on fuel then the hell with the key.

I am in the habit of pushing the key fob twice... my Cirrus the first click only unlocks the driver's door... the second unlocks the rest. I prefer to have them all unlocked so I can put things away.

That should be adjustable (at a dealer) like the VWs are. That is all in the settings in the computer. All it takes (on my VWs) is a few minutes with my laptop.
  • Like 1

On my 01 if I use the key fob I have to push it twice to unlock. If only once the alarm sounds off. If you don't have an alarm it might not turn light off. Try push the key fob twice next time. Just a suggestion.

My is just one push unlocks both doors, and I never herd alarm go off. Maybe something is screwy with my key fob. I'll try pushing twice and see what happens. Thanks.

You can push the key fob all you want. The timing is in the computer. You need the correct software to access it. As I said, I haver the software to access the computer on Volkswagons and it is all in the programming. The key fob is nothing but a transmitter.

• Like 1

Well with mine one push unlocks the doors, the second push shuts off alarm. All I was trying to say is maybe OP dosen't have alarm and second push might turn off light.

Sorry I didn't mean to make anyone sound like they didn't know what they posted about. It is hard to 'read' intonation and intention in internet postings.