• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Proper fuel pressure  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Proper fuel pressure

• Below 10 psi
    • Above 10 psi

• 10 months later...
  • Owner

until you slosh it .. lol

Well that a old school draw straw for ya... I know better and still did it... Oh Well... But if you notice I drop the throttle quickly and let it build again then hammer down again... I'm not to worried I'm running 2 cycle oil... :thumb1: I normally drive with a light foot and concerve fuel... This is not a good example of this... :duh:

my AD came with the kit to install the pick up in the basket. i have been a little leary about runnign it low. last tank fillup took 34 gallons so it must be working preety good. i did not understand what yall meant by fuel slosh until i saw the gauge drop out. a little freaky there. do you know what the max pressure should be at idle?

Well I just got a new regulator and it is set for 20psi. Wasnt sure of the max pressure for a vp. CAnt too high a pressure rupture the diaphram as well? It isnt installed yet, but by the sounds of things. 20psi is still good. currently my range is 18 idle to 15 psi wot. However it drops with any throttle application. so the reg is just slow to umm regulate. :shrug:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys long time no see, hope everyone's having a good time, well mine is kind of different, i have 18 psi at idle,16 at highway and 14 or 13 psi at wot, when the tank is at a 1/4 of the capacity and i floor it, it falls all the way down to 8 or 6 psi, thats why i never let it get that empty, the tank has 32 gallons of capacity, since i found this cummins brotherhood i've using 2 cycle oil, running on a raptor 150, with the 1/2 pipelines, and a drawstraw (thanks to guinnessbrewer) and from everything that i've read here, i think my vp44 is covered.:thumb1: