• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Dripley Is Busy Now...

Mopar1973Man

You cant say much to that. They are different from any other people I have ever worked for. They practice what they preach to any and all. 

Now if I could get some of them to help clear the ice from my site, I can get another one ready. 

They have been California for for a few years now. I have been as far west as Sioux city Iowa and Tulsa OK. We have also been to Kansas and Nebraska. I believe they are in Colorado too. They are moving that way. 

I told my boss anytime we want to bid in Idaho that I would go. I know a guy out there that would put me up for a year or two.

They are on my list of go to restaurants.  Just for the simple fact that they take a stand for what they believe in;  and aren't gonna let some publicity seeking, bullying  asshat, Liberal, Democrat politicians dictate the way they run their business!!   :2cents:  :2cents:  :thumb1:

• Like 4

They are on my list of go to restaurants.  Just for the simple fact that they take a stand for what they believe in;  and aren't gonna let some publicity seeking, bullying  asshat, Liberal, Democrat politicians dictate the way they run their business!!   :2cents:  :2cents:  :thumb1:

I could not agree with you more on that. One of the reasons why this company will never go public. I have had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with Truett Cathy, Dan's father, on a couple of different occasions. One of the other reasons he would never go public  was he figured the first person to go would be himself.  He is in his mid 80's and just last year gave control of daily operations over to his son. He was a very involved owner.

Driply, as long as your headed out west with these restaurants don't forget Oregon. You got a place in the afternoon shade with a mountain view. Full hook ups.

If we keep this up I'll sell the house and migrate. No wait, I forget how cold it gets out there. Might have to do a summer migration.

• Owner

On a side note, is this weather they're having THAT bad? I mean geez, a little snow and everything shuts down????

I tend to sit back and laugh about it.

It seem like all the southern states go into panic mode because no one has a plow truck, people never seen snow, don't know how to drive in it.

:lmao:  You guys...

Hey, MR! Don't forgetta 'bout me! We could use a few around my neck, too!

On a side note, is this weather they're having THAT bad? I mean geez, a little snow and everything shuts down????

I lived in Atlanta in the mid 80's to the early 90's. There wer only 1 million people living there then. 2nd winter I live there they had a 1/2" snow fall the did almost the same thing. I had to abandon my car about 1/4 mile from the house and it was 2 days later before I could get it due to all the other abandoned vehicles. They are just not prepared for storms like this. Beings storms like this are rare in the Atlanta area, they are just not equipped to handle them. Couple that with the fact everyone went to work on Wednesday morning like usual and no one tried to leave until it started snowing and you have a recipe for exactly what happened. If any of you have been thru Atlanta at rush hour, imagine what 3" of snow added to that would be like. Plus the fact that when I left there there were just over 1 million people there and now there are 3.5 million people there.

I am in a little town called Enterprise, Alabama and they decided on Tuesday to close everything for Wednesday and told all to stay at home. For the most part everyone listened. I bet there were not more that a dozen vehicles that passed the RV park all day. 

As far as a CFA up your way, I will have to let them decide. I just go where they tell me to.

Where does the "Chick" come from they serve?

I won't eat "Chick" unless it is home grown chemical free. :2cents:   "Free range fed" :lmao:  :lol:  :lmao2: , Having grown up on the range I can't ever recall roaming flocks of chickens on the "Free range" though. 

I refuse to order chicken from a restaurant.

I do like their business concept and beliefs though! We need more companies like that.

I tend to sit back and laugh about it.

It seem like all the southern states go into panic mode because no one has a plow truck, people never seen snow, don't know how to drive in it.

I have to agree with you. Nobody is really equipped for a wide spread snow storm down this way. The state of NC is more prepared for than the states further south. But if state, city or county does nothing to prepare for it until everyone is on the highway is is too little too late. It is hard to plow or salt a highway when it is covered with vehicles 

I dont mind driving on snow. It is the other idiots out there that bother me. I have driven everything from my pick up to tractor trailers in the snow with very little issue, but ad a little freezing rain or sleet and I am finding somewhere to stay. I am not driving on the ice period.

Where does the "Chick" come from they serve?

I won't eat "Chick" unless it is home grown chemical free. :2cents:   "Free range fed" :lmao:  :lol:  :lmao2: , Having grown up on the range I can't ever recall roaming flocks of chickens on the "Free range" though. 

I refuse to order chicken from a restaurant.

I do like their business concept and beliefs though! We need more companies like that.

I dont really know where their chicken originates from. All I know is it comes on the big white truck. I will ask someone. It is frozen, skinless chicken breasts. It would take a large flock of "free range" chickens to provide them theirs. I believe one of us would have seen a flock that big. :lol:  They thaw it, clean up any fatty tissue the is left on it, marinate it in buttermilk, the bread it and pressure cook it. They are well trained in cleanliness and proper handling of the raw versus the cooked chicken. 

They also pay there help over minimum wage, not sure how much. They do hire a lot of school age kids and older. They also promote within the company and a lot of there store operators come from with in. They do not sell franchises. They accept applications from within and from outside. If you are picked, you pay around $5,000 and go the chicken school at CFA. They then build you a store a put you in it. They spit the profits with the operator(50/50 I think, but not sure). And if you ever tire of it or retire you just hand the keys back over to corporate and go on about your life. The last guy I built for in NC said his store would do near 3 million this year and thats got to equate well into the 6 figures for him.

I just read an article in today's paper about another company, Hobby Lobby who operates on the same principles. Closed on Sundays, they share religious beliefs with CFA and pay there help, according to the article, 80% over minimum wage. They get my :thumb1: .

Edited by dripley

Sorry for the off topic here.
Just need to explain myself about home grown versus commercial chicken.
I was raised old school where we raised and butchered all of our own meat, it never left the farm from birth to septic tank and back to grass.
When it comes to chicken the old timers would talk of commercial raised chicken you get from stores having "Black" bones from bad feed and being sick and never eating this because it was a "sick" bird.

Well having eaten nothing but farm raised meat always had this in the back of my mind until I was actually eating at a KFC and one other chicken place in high school / college and saw just that.........."Black bones"  never seen that before until eating at restaurants. I now watch as we go out and see everyone eating hot wings ect and they all have black bones. :wow:

I have never seen a black bone from a healthy farm raised bird. :thumb1:

And then in the last year I read stories like the following and am grateful for the old ones wisdom and my own distrust of some things.

http://www.naturalnews.com/032659_arsenic_chicken.html

http://www.naturalnews.com/042894_USDA_China_imports_chicken.html

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/11/10/schumer-chicken-slaughtered-raised-in-china-could-pose-major-risk/

Edited by Wild and Free
  • Like 1