• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Air Dog Ii 165...yay Or Nay?

Wild and Free

Found this pump locally and think it to be a fair deal for my 05, he said it is for 05 and newer.

What are your thought on air dog and if I can beat him down even farther on price I may jump on it if you guys think it is a qualiy pump, I have not followed any of the recent fuel pump threads ad do not follow any other forums anymore, not nough time in a day for me so am getting behind on the new products out there.

Any input on it?

http://www.bismanonline.com/air_dog_ii_165

I run an Airdog 150 on my truck. I have replaced the motor 6 times in the past 2 yrs. It's not hard if you send in your warranty card its just that they don't care that there product is broken. :(  Thank fully they do warranty the pumps and every time I have called they send me a new one. After the last event I tore the old gear motor apart and repaired the o-ring and front seal my self so I have a spare on had at all times. I have heard that they are starting to charge people $150-$200 for an upgraded pump after you already spent $600...

If they do that to me I'll ask for a refund and go get one of these

http://www.fassride.com/shop/fuel-air-separation-systems/fass-platinum-series.php

:2cents:

Hmm, well I guess I must be that rare gem then. I've got the AD2 165 and don't have any problems with gelling or anything else. I did have to replace the motor once about 9 months in, but ever since I have not had a single problem yet.

Thats a good price for it, especially if you get the fuel basket, too. It goes for about $650 new. If you do not get the fuel basket, chip down the price a little.

BTW, if you have a warranty card and send it in, I had a no questions asked experience and had the motor replacement to me within 5 days.

They do not offer an inline heater, either.

Eh, I don't regret buying a lift pump from them, but if I had a chance, I would go with the mechanical.

I have been watching fuelab since they came out and I haven't seen any problems posted.  Everyone who has one likes them it seems.  It is on the my list of upgrades and I think I am going to pull the trigger soon.  I like the idea of a wet brushless motor. 

Ya i can get ypu an airdog 2 165 for close to that price. Im on the fence with them. They have been very good to me and I have only had 3 go bad out of the 24+ I have sold. But, I also cant trust them anymore and I wont sell any unless somebody requests one. I have also never had problems with the replacement ones and they have never charged me or questioned me on why I want a replacement. The bad thing about the internet is you will only hear the bad and then there will 10 pages of people whining about the same thing over and over

• Owner

Personally I had too many phone calls of people have very very short life snaps from AirDog systems. I had one gent that replaced his AirDog 4 times in 1,000 miles and heading for his 5th pump.  :wow:

* Motor seals

* Motor fails after short period

* Geo-rotor issues (clocking required?)

* Regulator issues on the adjustable systems

* Quick connect fitting tend to leak air and loose prime.

AirDog is not what it once was.

What's sad is I know FASS went up in price.

Assassin is having issues including regulator and geo-rotor problems too. Snapping belts from rotors binding up. No priming pump so if the system drains for some reason you better have a cordless drill with you.

Fuel boss seems to be good pump being last I knew they kept the electric lift pump for a priming system but this adds more plumbing and check valve in the system hence the price is higher than Assassin.

Tough call for fuel systems these days.

I have run the ADII for 3.5 years with no problems at all. I had to reset the pressure once not long after install and thats it. It cost me $635 with a kit to replace my in tank pump. This was before AD sold out and from what i read that is when all of there problems started. Not sure I would put another one in unless they got all of their problems behind them. If that one is an older one you would probably be ok except no warranty. 

I bought a Raptor 100 about 1 year ago and still going strong. Its always been frame mounted with a BF1212 f/w separator on it though so maybe that helped. I am crossing my fingers that it stays good until this summer when I can save up for a fuel boss. Then just use it for a prime pump. Ever since I heard about the problems starting I have been scared to go anywhere with mine but it just keeps going.

No experience with it my self, but it is a $700 pump with the filters. I paid 635 for the ADII so i guess it is not unreasonable for a good system. I did have a BD diesel booster pump with the in tank pump on mine for several years and it always did the job. When I replaced it I was surprised to see it was a carter. Dont know what model, but still have it and have thought about reinstalling as a back up. It was still working fine when I took it off. I did not know much about the importance of the ilft pump system when I installed it. Caught an article about this in Diesel Power magazine on the subject not long after install. All this long before I found this forum.

I do not discount the quality of any BD product, I ran a ton of BD performane parts on my 02 and was never let down with any of them over about an 8 year period. Needless to say I am a big fan of BD products.

They do offer a nice warranty on the pump too.

I like the look of the fuel labs, but it screams FASS and AD to me. The BD does, too but different approach. I guess its ultimately up to you, but I would definitely consider the warranty period with anything these days...

I had a AD 100 that lasted about two years and it started blowing fuse. They made good on it, and when it came in a guy offer me my money back on it and I turned around a bought a AD 150, it's been running for about 2 years no problem yet. But I did not like the quick connects, no leaks so far. So what is the next best thing out there ?

I know on my 02 the FASS HPFP150 went for about 100K and 8 years trouble free except during cold starts in subzero temps it took a while to build pressure on occasion and was still running strong when I sold the rig a couple years ago. 

If I had to change pumps every year or every other year I would get my money back in a heart beat and look for another product. :2cents: