• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Well.....in my humble opinion, the worst website for TOTAL JERK OFF moderators and smartass trouble makers is Diesel Truck Resource. The website is run by a bunch of corrupt cops suffering from accute Napoleanic ego personality disorder. I dropped them like a steaming pile of bovine nutrient residue. :lol: I like this website and TDR. I flat out refuse to give ANY of my business or net bandwidth to DTR. Lary Ellis is a full blown idiot. He disabled my account and when I ask him about why he did it.........then he sends me a happy birthday email and when I reply and as why he cannot explain why or even tell me what if ANYTHING I did wrong. What an incompetent jerk.

• Owner

Well.....in my humble opinion, the worst website for TOTAL JERK OFF moderators and smartass trouble makers is Diesel Truck Resource. The website is run by a bunch of corrupt cops suffering from accute Napoleanic ego personality disorder. I dropped them like a steaming pile of bovine nutrient residue. :lol: I like this website and TDR. I flat out refuse to give ANY of my business or net bandwidth to DTR. Lary Ellis is a full blown idiot. He disabled my account and when I ask him about why he did it.........then he sends me a happy birthday email and when I reply and as why he cannot explain why or even tell me what if ANYTHING I did wrong. What an incompetent jerk.

Wow! What a mouthful! :wow: I know I really should key in on this but I got to agree with Live Oak about DTR... As for DTR that was that I started at years ago... I got up to 2000 some odd post and then began to build my web site static pages. I was warn once for having a business card present on my web site... Like Huh??? Well about this time I found CF.com and did more updating to the site during the winter and came back with more to share but when I sent a PM to one of the guys to show what I had... I was banned instantly! I was banned for spamming! Huh? But oh well there loss now... There group can remain in the dark... :rolleyes:

Wow! What a mouthful! :wow: I know I really should key in on this but I got to agree with Live Oak about DTR... As for DTR that was that I started at years ago... I got up to 2000 some odd post and then began to build my web site static pages. I was warn once for having a business card present on my web site... Like Huh??? Well about this time I found CF.com and did more updating to the site during the winter and came back with more to share but when I sent a PM to one of the guys to show what I had... I was banned instantly! I was banned for spamming! Huh? But oh well there loss now... There group can remain in the dark... :rolleyes:

That bunch of whackjobs reads the PM's their member send. That is flat out pathetic. :stirthepot::soap:

• Owner

Kind of the same story of How midwestdieselconnection was started, MNTom was a mod on DTR I believe and the issues you talked about above are the same as what happened to him so he started his own forum.

All of us rejects should get together and unite with our knowledge and forums and share together... I sneak over to MWDC and check now and then on the 24V stuff but it seems rather slow at times... :shrug:

Administrator, BBRam, et al need to "come out of the closet"!!!! They're hiding behind their trucks and that POS site!!!! What's the record over there for getting banned??? 3 times here under 3 different names!!!!:lmao2::lmao2:

After reading the link to CF, I can guarantee you this................I would've gotten my PP spanked real early on had I posted anything similar like that other guy did!!!!! Right Mike???!!!:cool: Remember what got me banned the last time????? For you new guys, here it is in a nutshell..........................

There was a post over there entitled "The Finish Line". It was originally started by someone to get BBRAM to finish the build on his truck. Well it started off fine, but then took turns every which way. By about page 30 you wouldn't have known what they were talking about if you read the title of the thread. Any how, the thread got to be over 1000 pages long!!! I put my .02 cents in on that thread saying that it should be closed for going off topic. Well, I got over ruled by guess who!!!!! So I posted again saying that if this thread was about anyone else or his truck except BBRam, it would've been closed a long time ago. Well I got a warning on that. The following morning I was in a mood so I posted a new thread entitled........."BBRam Hunting Attire"......along with the following picture.:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2: Worthy of a banning?????? I truly believe that had anyone other than myself had posted the same thing the same way, nothing would've been said or done!!!!!:2cents:

Edited by dorkweed

• Owner

I've had enough problem from over at both sites... (CF.Com and DTR.com) So After my few tidbit of problems I went to my site and startyed working at making it better... As for the members here I'm seen several comments about the site being great because there is good level of respect between members here. (Thank you all!) :thumbup2:

• Owner

Well... In all relaity this thread should be closed but there is only 1 reason that I stop from closing it... That reason is while I listen (read) the thread I'm hearing the problem that other sites have had... Then it remind me not to become like this... I want to rise above the crowd and give you all a community that you can enjoy...

I think the point is that everyone on CF thinks they know everything, which is fine if you DO but just about everyone there works off of assumptions that are more or less incorrect.. I love the fact that everyone here takes pictures since one really is worth a thousand words so although we are smaller than CF, in reality, we are bigger in information content due to all the pictures. I have also noticed that here, everyone sticks to the basis that there is no way that any one person here can know everything about anything. This works well because everyone throws in their :2cents: on things and at the end of the day, we have many comments that prove valid points and create one general conclusion that the original poster can use to his benefit. Everyone has had different experiences with the same problem and so we piece together all of the symptoms we have all had and eventually we can come up with a completed puzzle that has a good solution for the problem. Also, when we do contradict each other here, it is always for the greater good. Contradictions do cause people to think and look at things in a different light and it's nice that people do see it that way here. If any problem had an absolute fix, we wouldn't have any problems and nobody's opinion would matter since everyone would have fixed it. If we are asking questions, then nobody is absolute about the solution and it's a shame that everyone on CF thinks that their solution is an absolute one, which is why they all fight so much.

That reason is while I listen (read) the thread I'm hearing the problem that other sites have had... Then it remind me not to become like this... I want to rise above the crowd and give you all a community that you can enjoy...

I believe you are well on the road to that. That is why we are here, plus the newbies that are showing up to join the forum.

• Owner

I think the point is that everyone on CF thinks they know everything, which is fine if you DO but just about everyone there works off of assumptions that are more or less incorrect.

Soo right...

I love the fact that everyone here takes pictures since one really is worth a thousand words so although we are smaller than CF, in reality, we are bigger in information content due to all the pictures.

Your right... also it reduce that amount of explaining of how to do something or explain what you see...

I have also noticed that here, everyone sticks to the basis that there is no way that any one person here can know everything about anything.

I'm willing to admit that direct to the everyone here I'm not a complete guru of the Cummins but as I learn from other member and my daily life experience I love to pass this knowledge to the other other there too. So if I've never done something I'm open enough to admit "Hey Gang! I never done this I need help!"

This works well because everyone throws in their :2cents: on things and at the end of the day, we have many comments that prove valid points and create one general conclusion that the original poster can use to his benefit. Everyone has had different experiences with the same problem and so we piece together all of the symptoms we have all had and eventually we can come up with a completed puzzle that has a good solution for the problem.

This is so true... Maybe one of the many reasons I never left the forum families. Because once again I don't know everything but if I ask the right question I'm sure someone could give me the information... But in the long haul I can pay it forward to them again and aid them on a project I might have knowledge of.

Also, when we do contradict each other here, it is always for the greater good. Contradictions do cause people to think and look at things in a different light and it's nice that people do see it that way here.

It's been such a blessing to see this occur here and done with good taste too... I've seen a few thread that got rather high strung but it managed to sort itself out. This is a good thing when people can butt head together and maybe see a whole new light and learn from the experience... But also done with respect ot each other...

If any problem had an absolute fix, we wouldn't have any problems and nobody's opinion would matter since everyone would have fixed it. If we are asking questions, then nobody is absolute about the solution and it's a shame that everyone on CF thinks that their solution is an absolute one, which is why they all fight so much.

My comments are in blue... (Continue..)

That truely is a shame when you pride and ego is that large that you can't admit you don't know everything. But is the same sense there is some many voice screaming in a forum of that size how do you know which voice to listen too?? Well rule of thumb I found out is that post number does count as a type of experience counter for newbie that join. They see some one with 4-6K of post and they will tend to believe him if the answers are rational. Like today I'm still getting PM notices from CF.com about old threads that people find of my 11,000+ post I put in.

So look as a total newbie stand point toward CF.com... Sure it look like a huge storehouse of information... But after wading though all the BS and trying to find a answer you usually either get mis-lead by a showoff or get the answer by PM'ing a user with high post count.

So Now that we are looking forward away from the chaos of the larger forums let turn this around now to making this site more a internet family site of each member helping each other. Lets put our heads together and start drawing up how we all want to see this site...

I want to build more write ups but if you got information you want to share on the static side (mopar.mopar1973man.com) let me know and I'll post it up. I would also like to design the site rules to make it fair for all but also have some proper guidelines to control the spammers and un-rulely people. Thing is I see most big site gone commerial (Like CF.Com and DTR.com) were its all about advertising and corp sponsors.... I want this site to stay a family site that is governed by the members within reason...

I'm going to stop here and listen for more responses...:)

It would be interesting to see how many of the first 500 members are actually still members there and of those how many have been banned. I was member 211.:cool: I used to hang on the DTR............then I got an e-mail from Whitmore (I believe) to come on over to a new Cummins website forum. I did, I joined and all was well until there was a control power struggle and Whitmore left. Then it got to be nothing but a giant billboard.:2cents::2cents: For a few years there, that 2 stroke thread that I started and that Mike kept going with his research was the #1 thread on there as far as posts, pages and views go. And that's not counting all the other little off shoot threads regarding 2 stroke. Those threads always had some good heated debates many not withstanding the personal bias' of all but 1 moderator over there.:banghead:Call it conspiracy theory if you want; I believe they (Administrator etc.) were getting flack from some vendors by allowing threads that promoted a non-approved diesel additive. Even though some vendors were cool with it, I believe that to be the case. Follow the money the old saying goes. It also stands to reason, if you believe me, that they (the moderators etc.) would have a conflict of interest in their job of moderating. Does that make sense???? How can you be fair and impartial about something if you have an interest opposite of what is being talked about???? To be honest, at least 1 mod there and maybe 2 were cool. The rest had a bias that you could definitely sense. They wouldn't come right out and say as much; but it would be in the words they used and how they typed them. When you would call them out, like me, they didn't like it.:wtf:Off my soap box for now. I'll wait for more comments!!:soap:

Edited by dorkweed

good stuff guysi myself haven't been on the CF long enough to see most of this stuff, but i did get banned from DTR for questioning why Larrrrrry(inside joke from another Dodge forum i'm on) deleted several posts on a thread that were helpful, but said things about non-vendors on the site