• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Fuel Boss Mechanical Lift Pump System

got a airdog original pump on the truck right now and been looking at the Fuel Boss Mechanical Lift Pump System. I was wondering if anyone has had put one on yet? I want to use the airdog filter setup up on it, if it is possible or do I need to buy a different filter set up for it? Would really like it better then the airdog because im sick of messing around with the airdog and would like to have something that is really reliable. If anyone knows someone I can talk to on making the fuel boss work with the airdog filter setup that would be awesome thanks guys.

This whole push/pull in this situation is just bunk. They are both grearotor designs, so will perform the same. People should deliniate between diaphragm/piston & gearotors, not mechanical & electric.

OK, rant over...

Ed

I'm lost...If the fuel boss is pulling fuel after the filter then it could suck air right? Right now it's set up where it pulls from the tank, fuel reaches the fuel boss, then it pushes to the stock fuel filter. 

i have the fuel boss as well, love it! idle about 16-17 psi and 20-21 at speed.  the thing i like about it is that it site below fuel tank level (it stays primed) and if i need to prime the system, lines to filter and then vp, (stock lift pump is tough to get primed) i took the belt off the small pulley and primed the dry system after rebuild with a cordless drill (took 10 seconds).  I think its worth the money, the more skinny pedal you push the more psi it spits out! and no wires to worry bout, no electrical pump to fail. it has 2 moving pieces and a belt, thats it. Richard is a great owner and helped me out a lot when i was installing.

• Like 1

hey guys thanks for the info I will send him in an email and see what it take to do it and everything. the one way I see it working but might not be plausible would be to run the line from the tank to the fuel boss then the out line on the fuel boss to airdog front in through the filters then the out on the airdog to the vp44. it is a lot of line with might be to much and won't have enough psi through all that to hold it is my thinking. made a crude image to help under stand ha

Orange-tank

Purple- airdog

Blue-fuel boss

Red- vp44

Black line- fuel tank to fuel boss

Marron line- fuel boss to airdog

Yellow line- airdog to vp44

post-1704-0-03374200-1415282990_thumb.pn

I hear a lot of people say that their fuel pressure increases with throttle with a Fuel Boss. I have never seen that with mine. The bypass valve that is installed with the fuel boss regulates the pressure to about 18 psi. Are people modifing something so the pressure does increase with the skinny pedal? My pressure is at 17 psi and does not move much from there.

• Staff

When I first installed the pump fuel pressure was 17-18 @ idle and 20-21 1500 rpm and up measured at the VP. I moved the fuel pressure pick up to before the stock fuel filter due to to much hammering from the VP even with a snubber . Now the pressure is 15 psi when I first start it and goes to 20 psi when I push the fuel peddle, after a few miles 18 psi @ idle.

I hear a lot of people say that their fuel pressure increases with throttle with a Fuel Boss. I have never seen that with mine. The bypass valve that is installed with the fuel boss regulates the pressure to about 18 psi. Are people modifing something so the pressure does increase with the skinny pedal? My pressure is at 17 psi and does not move much from there.

Don't change a thing! LOL

hey guys thanks for the info I will send him in an email and see what it take to do it and everything. the one way I see it working but might not be plausible would be to run the line from the tank to the fuel boss then the out line on the fuel boss to airdog front in through the filters then the out on the airdog to the vp44. it is a lot of line with might be to much and won't have enough psi through all that to hold it is my thinking. made a crude image to help under stand ha

Orange-tank

Purple- airdog

Blue-fuel boss

Red- vp44

Black line- fuel tank to fuel boss

Marron line- fuel boss to airdog

Yellow line- airdog to vp44

attachicon.giffuel boss to airdog.png

Are you going to use the airdogs regulator, or use the fuel boss regulator? Don't forget ONE more line! "the return to tank from regulator"...

Don't change a thing! LOL

I have no desire to change anything. I am solely curious why my system seems to be different than others. My fuel pressure is rock solid at 17 psi, not sure what anything more than that would get me.

I have no desire to change anything. I am solely curious why my system seems to be different than others. My fuel pressure is rock solid at 17 psi, not sure what anything more than that would get me.

as long as its above 14 and below 25, thats all that matter. enough to keep the overflow valve open on the vp and not enough to blow seals.

Are you going to use the airdogs regulator, or use the fuel boss regulator? Don't forget ONE more line! "the return to tank from regulator"...

I would have to use the airdog regulator I would suppose because there isn't much of a way to completely block that off to use the other one

I have the MITUSA setup and have had no problems at all. Been about two years and I havent thought about it once. The pump is very similar if not the same as the fuel boss, but is a much simpler design and installation. I have it setup to pull through a filter and h2o separater right out of the tank, then to the pump, and then into the stock filter. Works like a charm.