• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

hello from cali

laidoutdiesel

What's up guys I guess I'll introduce myself. I already posted once but not an intro thread. My names Cory from California. Just bought a 2000 Cummins about a month ago and slowly getting it back together. It was stolen from the po and they messed it up a little bit. First Cummins and diesel I've bought. I needed a tow pig for my project truck. I'll post some pics of both.

20141213_125640.jpg

Here's the yota. Has a Mercedes 5 cyl turbo diesel.

IMG_20140324_161014-1.jpg

• Staff

Welcome to the forum Corey. That is one hell of a lot of work to get a truck lowered like that. A lot of guys give up half way thru not only due to problems with uneven pavement but, the expense and work you have to go thru to complete is very demanding.

I like the Dodge diesel 4x4 being that I'm from the older generation, going out cutting firewood, running logging roads and discovering unknown places. Just something about that being able to 4 wheel into somewhere and get away from crowds.

I'm impressed with your mechanical skill Corey.

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

What have you got out of the mercedes?  I know they are indestructible and the only guys I know of with them are all over 500k.  Never thought of it being used for performance though, wondered what you were getting out of it. 

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the instrument cluster. My wires were cut when I bought it so I spliced a connector in and ever since my 4wd light is on when the lights are off. Turn the lights on it goes off and my left blinker light is on but not flashing. But when I turn it on the odometer flashes. Haha I mixed them up somewhere and now I wanna fix it