• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Lets see who you are!

Mopar1973Man

Walked into an event last Saturday. Not unexpected but still  a surprise. Here is the new member of my family. 

From L to R, wife JoAnn, me, daughter Lisa, new SIL Denny, new inlaws Dennis and Gayle. Made for an interesting weekend.59b1fa7fc7728_thefamily.jpg.52a3814fb3ed912ab7d0cf9a1aa3d761.jpg

Seems I was the only one who did not know which camera to look at.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, Dynamic said:

I'm using this, and have been super happy with it. Not cheap, but a very nice piece! Nothing touching the barrel...

https://www.amazon.com/Labradar-Ballistic-Velocity-Doppler-Radar/dp/B01HKTB8S6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504797292&sr=8-1&keywords=labradar+chronograph

@Dynamic  You peaked my interest with this chronograph.  The range that I go to doesn't allow for a the traditional optical chronos that are set up in front of the gun (mainly due to set up time or crossing the red line.)  I bit the bullet and bought the Labradar and used for the first time yesterday.  It's the BEES-KNEES!!.  I can't believe the info that it collects and provides.  With this data I can rule out loads that are not as consistent and work with those that have greater potential.  My wife wasn't too excited about the purchase, but I think she'll be ok.

At the Range.jpg

Edited by Hawkez

Yeah, those things are awesome! It makes load development MUCH quicker, that's for sure! That's especially nice with a high-powered round like the .300 Win Mag where you're shooting the throat out of a $450 barrel that you spent 10 hours dialing, cutting, threading, chambering and installing the muzzle brake! Load development went very quick for me with the Labradar.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, dripley said:

I like the car and especialy the driving attire. But what is that you are standing beside in the center picture? Is it sculpture or does it have another purpose? 

It was originally designed as a playground structure in the 1970's.

http://curvedspacediamondstructure.com/

The pod was the prototype for a sculpture we installed in 2011 in the Open Air Museum in Hakone Japan.  

It is an immersive sculpture and maps the geometry of carbon or diamond crystals.installed_final.jpg

Edited by leety

Well you will have to pardon me but true to my nickname it almost looked like a sculpture of a space chicken without its beak. And for the doubting Thomas's out there , it does have 2 legs.

That is an interesting sculpture. My MIL is from Sendai, a couple hundred miles north of Hakone. Moved here in 55 or 56 with my future wife in tow.  Never been there myself but my wife and her sister got to take their mother back about15 years ago.

What do you do that takes you so far to build something like that?  

It might add I saw truck in the hailstorm. Very nice truck.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, dripley said:

Well you will have to pardon me but true to my nickname it almost looked like a sculpture of a space chicken without its beak. And for the doubting Thomas's out there , it does have 2 legs.

That is an interesting sculpture. My MIL is from Sendai, a couple hundred miles north of Hakone. Moved here in 55 or 56 with my future wife in tow.  Never been there myself but my wife and her sister got to take their mother back about15 years ago.

What do you do that takes you so far to build something like that?  

It might add I saw truck in the hailstorm. Very nice truck.

My dad’s a designer.  And 15 years ago there was another structure like this there so perhaps your family saw it.  

www.pjpearcedesign.com

I was working with my dad until recently.

The truck was unloved by it’s prior owners.  It appears as though zero maintenance was done.  Those days are over.  The Dragon is back in So Cal where it belongs and I should have it all sorted and reliable again soon.  

It’s has just south of 100k on it and zero rust, so I think it’s going to be just fine.  I love the 6 speed manual!!

• Like 2

Sounds like the Dragon was quite the find. Been a while since I have seen under 100k. Just turned over 435k on mine. Made the first half on my own and the second half with help from the folks here. Great place and resource.

I like my 6 speed too.

Edited by dripley
  • Like 2

• Owner
9 hours ago, leety said:

The truck was unloved by it’s prior owners.  It appears as though zero maintenance was done.  Those days are over.  The Dragon is back in So Cal where it belongs and I should have it all sorted and reliable again soon.  

It’s has just south of 100k on it and zero rust, so I think it’s going to be just fine.  I love the 6 speed manual!!

Make sure to hang around here and ask plenty of question we'll get you all sorted out. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Make sure to hang around here and ask plenty of question we'll get you all sorted out. 

Indeed.  this is clearly the best resource on the web for me and the dragon.

I’m already having an awesome time with all the great articles and support.  I like doing as much of the work on it that I can myself and now I have a great group if mentors to keep me on the right track.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...