• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

New Server

• Owner

Hey Gang...

Even though I'm not exactly feeling the greatest I'm fighting a mild cold right now. But I'm fighting with the server to get things configured and setup. I'm trying to do this as painless as possible but so far my test run of placing the root domain page up and it can't be found. So here I am still working at it all getting thing configured. Hang in there gang I'm working slow but I'm still working.

• Like 2

• Owner

As of tomorrow I plan on flipping over the domain. So the forum and the article database will be on-line most likely the end of the day. This I'm figuring on issues and time to propagate the DNS IP address around the world. I plan on issues still being on the new server so... We are all going to just have to work with it. But as it stands I can access the main page of both the forum and the article database. If I get the domain name flopped over I can finalize the setup. I just verified to see if I could access the old server by IP address. Which I can. So I don't need the domain name for the final clean up and moving of data.

I figure there is some time lost in final database backup and moving and hooking that domain up... So I'm figuring 1 day down time.

• Like 1

I hope it won't be as stressful on you as indicated. Maybe this go around you can have more help where needed. It's easy to log on and off get a few ideas or solutions but when you are the Mopar1973Man and it's your site to keep up with it turns into a 20/7, I'm giving you at least 4 hours of sleep per day but you get what I am trying to say. I know with all the great members and friends you have there is a way to keep it up and running and reduce the stress it causes you. I hope you have already put a plan in place to take care of this. Many thanks to you and forum members for educating me on my truck.

• Owner

I hope it won't be as stressful on you as indicated. Maybe this go around you can have more help where needed. It's easy to log on and off get a few ideas or solutions but when you are the Mopar1973Man and it's your site to keep up with it turns into a 20/7, I'm giving you at least 4 hours of sleep per day but you get what I am trying to say. I know with all the great members and friends you have there is a way to keep it up and running and reduce the stress it causes you. I hope you have already put a plan in place to take care of this. Many thanks to you and forum members for educating me on my truck.

It don't help when your fighting a normal everyday cold and woke up and figured on doing some study work on the domain change. Look at the post time on this.... :duh:

Truthfully I didn't change my mind. I was forced to keep it going by the membership they wouldn't let me quit...

Who did you decide to go with?  Just stay with Go Daddy or did you find another web hosting/server service you like better?