• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• 2 weeks later...

So for all you guys using a 21/64, were these bits you had before hand or did you get specifically with your EGT kit?

I'm asking because I purchased my gauges from Vulcan and ordered the drill and tap as well since I didn't have any. I noticed that my drill bit says 11/32's. Is that going to work? I saw this CHART and it obviously there's a small difference in size. Will that matter at all?

It's one of those things where, yea it's only 1/64th but does that make or break it. I figured that Eric wouldn't of sent me the bit unless it was the right one, unless it was just a mistake. I'd rather not take off to much and have to tap the hole to far. I may just swing by and get a 21/64th, I have a 1/8th tap so I should be good to get there.

I think it would make the tap job a bit easier when using the 11/32. I do believe that the 21/64 is a reamer size. Meaning that the npt style thread is tapered and the reamer will angle the hole to make the tap fit perfectly. Not entirely necessary for this job.

• 3 months later...