• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

• Owner

My original DiPricols served me well for 10 years till the Pyrometer started getting wonky.

Now I'm on my set of ISSPro EV2's and I like them a lot but there is a few extra thing you have to consider. Fuel pressure sensor has to be remote mounted not for vibration but for water hammer protection. As for ISSPro EV2's I would highly suggest looking into the programming software so you can set the warning light. That's still on my list of thing to get yet.

Not, just follow the many tutorials out there. 21/64" bit while engine is running & then let it cool & grease the tap. Total work time 10 minutes. The manifold drills real easy.

Ed

eek! Drilling with the engine on sketch's me out! Is that even safe? haha

eek! Drilling with the engine on sketch's me out! Is that even safe? haha

I did mine with engine off. Keep drill and then tap greased. After each use small magnet to fish out any thing that made it passed the grease. I also used a magnet on the manifold next to drill and tap to help catch anything. Was not to hard. Like Yankneck969 said watch the vids. 

Center punch where you want to drill. Have it all ready to go (Even a cheap cordless drill will do). Fire the truck up, drill the hole, shut it down. That will take 2 minutes, tops.

WEAR SAFETY GLASSES, as having the truck running will have the exhaust blow any chips out.

Ed

Did mine last Saturday, took about ten minutes. Truck off, 1/8 drill, then 21/64. Then 1/8-27 npt tap in a 3/8 socket with 3/8 ratchet. Half turn forward, quarter turn back until tap is run 80 percent in. Then I shop vac-ed the hole and fished magnet around. No problem

300 degrees idle 600 normal hill 900 hard acceleration. Love the gauges!

Some of the egt gauges come with 1/4 fittings instead of 1/8, I have one that I pulled off another truck but didn't want to redrill my manifold. I have always drilled and tapped with the engine off except on this truck.Did it with engine idling and I have to say, I will be doing it this way from now on because it worked great!