• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Mobile version

For me I still have my 8+- year old Casio G'zone flip phone that just keeps on ticking and it takes one heck of a licking too. Won't cave to a smart phone until this one is dead which seems like never, original battery and still only needs a charge twice a week.

casio-gzone-types-3.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner

Like I'm using a LG 236c TracFone it only cost $29 bucks but its Internet capable. I know that for some reason the Nav Bar is screwed up on my phone. I've been trying to hunt down the reason. I'm so limited on cell service it doesn't make any sense to having a Smart Phone if you don't have cell service. I've got may 3 miles of highway in Riggins, ID with cell service. Other than that I have 1 bar at work and that only 2 highway miles tops from Riggins, ID.

0061696005310_500X500.jpg

So in this case I don't have any means to truly test the mobile side of the site. I've asked for Smart Phone from people but for some reason I never get them. So the only thing I can do is emulate but that doesn't always work. So as you see I really don't have a way of testing the mobile side out properly.

post-1-0-88545500-1425941250_thumb.png

So it does help for people to report thing that aren't right or simply broken. Like I need to make a report of the icon are missing.

Which I post here so they don't get lost. (Support Area)

http://forum.mopar1973man.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support

• Owner

I use the mobile version a lot since I don't have reliable home internet and it works for me. The only complaint I have is the "view new content" option is gone from the menu. Other than that I think it's easier to read on a small screen.

Hua? It still there it might of moved but still there.

post-1-0-51072700-1425998726_thumb.png

• Staff

I agree with the comment. The mobile site is a PITA to do anything but casual reading on. I quit using it a long time ago, and have been meaning to ask if there is a user preference to never use it.

The few times I have used it there is zero apparent speed increase in loading pages, but a lot of the functionality of the site is gone.

• Owner

I agree with the comment. The mobile site is a PITA to do anything but casual reading on. I quit using it a long time ago, and have been meaning to ask if there is a user preference to never use it.

The few times I have used it there is zero apparent speed increase in loading pages, but a lot of the functionality of the site is gone.

The selection from what I understand is handle by the user-agent string of the browser. So if you browser user agent is stating its a mobile device then the the mobile skin is used. If you want  you can select Family and it should stay locked for that device. But I'm trying to find out what everyone is looking for is I can attempt to resolve as much as possible. I know some of it will require moving on to the next line of IPB software version 4.

Hua? It still there it might of moved but still there.

new content.png

Ever since the server move I noticed the menu that you have a picture of here has been buggy, right now it's working like it should but usually there are formatting/alignment issues with it. If it does it again for me I'll take a screen shot for you.

• Owner

I hate to say it but older folks and new technology usually don't get along.

But that why I've started this thread I need to know what is missing what is needed. If there is something that needs to be fixed tell me I'll do what I can to resolve as much as I can between coding and plugins.

• Like 1