• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Teardown and Rebuild

One of the great things with this thread is I get to see parts of the engine I never get to see. Thank you VERY much for all the pix and info. :hyper:  :hyper:  :hyper:  

INDEED! i have enjoyed this THANK-YOU for sharing!!   :thumb1:

NOW [soon,] for the 1st key turn......''did i forget sumpton????'' :think:

• Like 1

You're welcome guys. As long as this thread stays positive and informative I'll keep updating it.

The gloss will fade with time, I'm sure the heat cycles will take it's tole on it. It will fad out to where the oil can be seen. If not.... well hopefully my eyes stay young for a while!

Got a lot done today. Worked on it for about 13 hours. I painted some parts and bolted on almost everything I could before setting it in the truck. 

IMG_20150705_131400_653_zpstlwhcfog.jpg

Got it in (That's PS fluid on the ground)

IMG_20150705_134134_325_zpsz0fuessb.jpg

IMG_20150705_135912_891_zpssbe1m3xl.jpg

I worked on wiring for what seemed like forever today... I ran things differently and I really like the way everything turned out. I've still got to bolt the dash down, bolt the steering column up, and put the finishing touches on the wiring. Then I'll start assembling the front. Tomorrow I should be drilling the crank for the fluidampr pins..... That should be fun! Hopefully have everything done so I can start on the trans Tuesday.

Here's how it sits now. (Turbo is very dirty don't judge)

IMG_20150705_210723_284_zps7p60jz8c.jpg

• Like 3

This motor is built to hold 700+ all day long, so it's going to have slightly more blowby than your average engine.

You forgot to add a block girdle "Stiffener plate" Also a marine application part most Cummins engine builders use between the block and oil pan to keep block warpage or twisting to a minimum under high hp and torque applications and you have not mentioned the 250 gallon water tank you are going to add to the bed to support keeping those 700 ponies cool all day........................... :tongue:

You forgot to add a block girdle "Stiffener plate" Also a marine application part most Cummins engine builders use between the block and oil pan to keep block warpage or twisting to a minimum under high hp and torque applications and you have not mentioned the 250 gallon water tank you are going to add to the bed to support keeping those 700 ponies cool all day........................... :tongue:

You guys really do enjoy messing with me... I think you all might be a little bit crazy :cookoo:  :thumb1:

• Like 1

You're welcome guys. As long as this thread stays positive and informative I'll keep updating it.

The gloss will fade with time, I'm sure the heat cycles will take it's tole on it. It will fad out to where the oil can be seen. If not.... well hopefully my eyes stay young for a while!

Got a lot done today. Worked on it for about 13 hours. I painted some parts and bolted on almost everything I could before setting it in the truck. 

Got it in (That's PS fluid on the ground)

IMG_20150705_134134_325_zpsz0fuessb.jpg

IMG_20150705_135912_891_zpssbe1m3xl.jpg

I worked on wiring for what seemed like forever today... I ran things differently and I really like the way everything turned out. I've still got to bolt the dash down, bolt the steering column up, and put the finishing touches on the wiring. Then I'll start assembling the front. Tomorrow I should be drilling the crank for the fluidampr pins..... That should be fun! Hopefully have everything done so I can start on the trans Tuesday.

Here's how it sits now. (Turbo is very dirty don't judge)

IMG_20150705_210723_284_zps7p60jz8c.jpg

Tyler, this looks really Good, i would have probably chosen the same color, although i would have got it flat or satin finish but you can bet that shine will die down before your next oil change.. 

• Like 1

You guys really do enjoy messing with me... I think you all might be a little bit crazy :cookoo:  :thumb1:

Just how I roll. :evilgrin:

Crazy is if someone would have suggested the new American Rainbow flag colors and or a fuchsia color for the valve cover. rainbow-flag.gif

• Like 1

Nope... I used high temp RTV on the timing case and timing cover. I know it sealed well because I had to take it off once haha. Everything else was fine... Just a little bit of RTV where needed.

The problem with coloring... What goes with blue?? Not much, so black it was. I could have painted the whole motor the same as the manifold and turbo but that was too flat for me. I think rburks is correct about that gloss dying off.... Not sure about before the first oil change though! 150 - 200 miles is the first change. 1,500 is the second change.

I dunno I can't get a hold of Chris, He was supposed to call me Wednesday/Thursday ugh. Called him, Thursday, Friday, this am, left a message each time.  I will keep pestering him today and try to get something from him.    Dunno if I should blow up his thing on CF to get his attention or what.  

I hate having to drag people through the mud to get something, been there done that with Airdog, but I suppose it got results so it is needed.  

I'll give him a few more calls today and see if I can't get him to send me out injectors today.

• Like 1