• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Injector Comparrison

I am looking for RV275s and both Vulcan and DAP have them on their site with some differences.  Can anyone tell me if these are the same and if so, why the price difference.

DAP-The price is $345 and a $100 core charge will be added to that.  This also lists as "marine", is that not usable on my truck?  It comes with an installation kit, (Injector connecting tube removal tool/nut, copper sealing washers and O-rings for the connector tube).  Are those O rings for the cross over tube, is that the same thing?

http://dieselautopower.com/bosch-new-injector-rv275-marine-300-40hp-432193635/

Vulcan-$424.99 plus $200 core charge will be added.  This doesn't show as marine, and it states that they come with O rings and coppers installed.

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/New-Bosch-RV-275-Injectors-p/rv275.htm

The part numbers (0432193635) show that they are the same item and the description says they are new, but am I missing something that justifies the price difference?  If I bought from DAP there would be about $25 in sales tax but I could pick up the items rather than mess with shipping....DAP seems like the best deal but I worry that I am not seeing something.

Any way, any help would be appreciated.

I am looking for RV275s and both Vulcan and DAP have them on their site with some differences. Can anyone tell me if these are the same and if so, why the price difference.

DAP-The price is $345 and a $100 core charge will be added to that. This also lists as "marine", is that not usable on my truck? It comes with an installation kit, (Injector connecting tube removal tool/nut, copper sealing washers and O-rings for the connector tube). Are those O rings for the cross over tube, is that the same thing?

http://dieselautopower.com/bosch-new-injector-rv275-marine-300-40hp-432193635/

Vulcan-$424.99 plus $200 core charge will be added. This doesn't show as marine, and it states that they come with O rings and coppers installed.

http://www.vulcanperformance.com/New-Bosch-RV-275-Injectors-p/rv275.htm

The part numbers (0432193635) show that they are the same item and the description says they are new, but am I missing something that justifies the price difference? If I bought from DAP there would be about $25 in sales tax but I could pick up the items rather than mess with shipping....DAP seems like the best deal but I worry that I am not seeing something.

Any way, any help would be appreciated.

Bosch RV275 are industrial/motor home injectors. They are made for the engine directly by Bosch. The spray pattern should be 153*. Price difference is the only difference I see.

Call DAP and ask the guys they will get you set up right.

• Like 1

I am running RV's from DAP in mine and have been for about 4 years and 100k miles. As I remember his were cheaper than Vulcan wanted then also. Price is telling to go with DAP and they are very good to work with. I have also dealt with Vulcan and they are very good to work with. Both very reputable. Dont think you are going to beat DAP's price though.

So at the risk of asking further dumb questions and prove how little I know...In this picture, #1 is the cross-over tube and #2 is the O-ring that everyone suggests to replace?

attachicon.gifInjector.png

You are correct. The only dumb question is the one you dont ask. We have all been there before, so dont let that bother you.

• Like 3

One other thing I would like to add without reading anyones instructions on doing this. When you install the injuctors do NOT torque them down until you have installed the cross over tubes and snugged the injector lines back on. This will center them in the injectors. If you torque the injectors down first the cross over tubes will likely leak.

• Like 3

• Owner

One other thing I would like to add without reading anyones instructions on doing this. When you install the injuctors do NOT torque them down until you have installed the cross over tubes and snugged the injector lines back on. This will center them in the injectors. If you torque the injectors down first the cross over tubes will likely leak.

Absolutely... The crossover tube must be seated and lightly torqued before the injector hold down cap is even tighten.

I had to buy crossover tube O rings from him.

As I remember I had to buy them also, but seems he sends the orings with them according to his ad. Even something to remove the cross over tubes. the ad mentions connector tube o rings, and copper sealing washers but not the orings on the injectors. I know mine came with them but it might be wise just to ask. Give them a call they ar very helpful.

• Like 1

Just installed DAP injectors yesterday. They came with the copper washers, injector body O rings, crossover O rings and a 1/2"ish nut that I'm not real sure what I was supposed to do with.

I have not seen it, but the ad says it is a cross over/ connector tube removal tool. You can buy one from Mopar or just use a screw driver, thats what I used. Screw driver that is.

I have not seen it, but the ad says it is a cross over/ connector tube removal tool. You can buy one from Mopar or just use a screw driver, thats what I used. Screw driver that is.

Ya I assumed it had something to do with crossover removal but there's really no way it would help. Screwdriver worked just fine though.