• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

The time has come to produce the Mopar1973Man High Idle & MPG fooler switches again.

I work at a dodge dealer. They definitely can enable high idle for u. its easy to do. They don't need the vin. Hooking up the old drb scan tool to the truck. Getting the software p/n on the pcm. Run the tech tools program to see if it's up to date. If it is, just gotta enable it with the drb. 3 cyl high idle enable is under engine then misc menus on the drb scan tool. Tell them that. They will know what ur talking about. 

• Like 2

I just used the Diesel Auto Power rental when I did mine. You pay the rental fee, they send it to you with a return label, you do your flash and play around a bit, then return to stock and send back to DAP. Pretty easy set up. Maybe there is a member here that has a smarty already and wouldnt mind making some cash by renting it out once in a while? Just an idea.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my high idle kit in the mail, Very well made. I wanna install it in the overhead console, but i def dont want to cut it up to extend the wiring. Mike do u have a p/n or website for the connector at the switch. i would like to make a extended harness for it. Thanks 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:29 AM, tbo1450 said:

I just got my high idle kit in the mail, Very well made. I wanna install it in the overhead console, but i def dont want to cut it up to extend the wiring. Mike do u have a p/n or website for the connector at the switch. i would like to make a extended harness for it. Thanks 

I'd love to see you make one of these.  I'm interested in the same thing.

18 minutes ago, notlimah said:

That is how I would like to do it, but the current model doesn't have a long enough harness to reach.  An extension would have to be made.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got around to doing some data logging of what the high idle switch actually does.

Here is idle state while coolant was coolish

idle.PNG

Timing with the fooler turned off was ~16*, flip the fooler to set IAT to 143*, and timing drops to 12.7*

FYI On startup with fooler turned off timing has been as high as 22* with overnight temps near freezing.  Summer timing is ~11.75-12.75*  

Once operating temp is reached OEM timing goes back to normal.

Moving Timing

Doing ~40 mph in 3rd coolant up to ~185

Moving.PNG

Fooler off timing was reading ~19.5* flip the fooler on to bring IAT up to 143*f and timing drops to ~17.5*

• Like 1