• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

And he said, Let there be Light!

Update with the article for the install

Just a small teaser,

20151116_180625_zpskixqmt2f.jpg

I am putting together an article, but in the meantime.

Morimoto mini h1 bi xenon swap to resolve the poor 2nd gen lights.

Edited by Me78569

Yes,

I cannot stress enough how much better the light is, not just in throw, but in clarity and the wide beam that you can see in the ditches without your brights on.  

As for Hacking, you actually dont have to cut ANYTHING, one small hole is required for the "high beam" sheild drop, but the projector literally fits into the OEM hole perfect.

I will take pictures tonight of the output,  I need to remove the flutes in the OEM lense as they scatter the light.   

Also you will like this mike,

I cut up the OEM bulb so I could use the OEM plug,  

20151116_174036_zpsp9edzej8.jpg

What you are looking at is where the bulb sits in a 9004 bulb, So it literally plugs in.

I need to figure out the high beam relay setup I will need, but honestly you don't need high beams.......

So what does one do if the lenses on the OEM housing is fluted causing the light to scatter?...

Drill out a 60mm hole in front of the projectors, then

You make your own lenses out of a rubbermade container. 

20151117_143046_zpsrae38hj6.jpg

should work until I get around to getting some clear housings.  

Nice work! I should do this to my headlights, I have aftermarket ones but the reflector that goes in front the the bulb broke off in the passenger side and it doesn't light up the road at all anymore, I'll have to put my stock housings back in and do some tinkering with the aftermarket ones. Do you have a part number for the projector assembly you used?

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/complete-retrofit-kits/universal-kits/bi-xenon-morimoto-mini-stage-3-kit-h1.html#.VkvFePmrTs0

Clear none fluted lenses are a must as I found out haha. 

that is what I always recommend, get the 4300k bubs for the purest white light.  For the cost you will not have better output.  I think I have an idea on how to make the high's work right with my setup, but I am pretty sure you can get the above in 9004 style plugs so it is plug and play.

Alright,

Even with my ghetto sealed light with a rubbermaid lens here is the output from 1, yes one of the lights

20151117_180930_zpscwbawur5.jpg

It's not aimed, but the light is wider than my camera can take a picture of at about 15-20 yards.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 3

• Owner

So if a person bought a set of the clear lens head lights and retro fitted those into then it would work exactly how you want it. Correct?

http://www.protuninglab.com/94-01-dodge-ram-euro-headlights-black-ks.html?utm_source=googlepepla&utm_medium=adwords&id=140845616938

94-01 Dodge Ram Pickup Euro Crystal Headlights With Corner Lens - Black

Edited by Mopar1973Man

Yep,  

since you are not reflecting light off of it anymore it is fair game, but CSM take note......

If I ever catch you with a flat billed flat that matches the color of the housing you have in your truck I am gonna be unhappy.... :shifty:   

56 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Yep,  

since you are not reflecting light off of it anymore it is fair game, but CSM take note......

If I ever catch you with a flat billed flat that matches the color of the housing you have in your truck I am gonna be unhappy.... :shifty:   

:lmao: Be happy then!  To each their own, but I am a dinosaur. The closest I get to flat brimmed hats is watching Finnegan on Roadkill.  

Edited by CSM