• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Replacement headlights

Who makes the best aftermarket headlights for these trucks? I'm wanting housings that are designed for the regular halogen bulbs. I've read that the OEM housing are the best but really don't want to spend $400 on them. Sanding my current housings worked pretty good to brighten things up but the plastic is full of stress cracks which gives them a pretty crappy beam.  

I bought these for my retrofit, but I am really happy with the quality for the price.  

I can't say how the beam looks because I am using projectors, but I would imagine they are as good as any other clone light

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2002-Dodge-Ram-Pickup-Sport-Model-Headlights-Headlamps-Left-Right-2000-2001-/131672546081?fits=Model%3ARam+1500%7CSubmodel%3ASport&hash=item1ea84b9b21:g:z7IAAOSwbdpWaNpy&vxp=mtr

I am sure with the right wiring you can have lows and highs on together.  simply relay setup would do that.

I just put some oem TYCs from RockAuto and some NAPA super bright bulbs and I love it. Looks clean and the NAPA lights at night are great! Although, high beams are terrible and you don't have the long distance clarity that regular beams have at night.

003 (14).JPG

019 (3).JPG

Edited by CTcummins24V

post-10340-13869820027_thumb.jpg I used some Eagle Eyes from A1 Auto IIRC. $75 for the pair with oe bulbs, no turn signals. My signals look like new. Unlike CTcummins24 my low beams are ok and the high beams are phenomenal on the oe bulbs. I did have to turn the right side in pretty far to align but am pretty satisfied with them for the price.

Edited by dripley

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts/anzo_diamond_clear_headlight/ANZHE7625.aspx#

Anzo 111068 chrome housing

Anzo 111067 black housing

I bought mine from stylin'trucks because of a coupon they had. Came to $139 in August . I just checked on professor Google and carparts.com has them listed for $148.78 for chrome housings $149.23 for black. 

Edited by BBHD
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I bought these for my retrofit, but I am really happy with the quality for the price.  

I can't say how the beam looks because I am using projectors, but I would imagine they are as good as any other clone light

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1999-2002-Dodge-Ram-Pickup-Sport-Model-Headlights-Headlamps-Left-Right-2000-2001-/131672546081?fits=Model%3ARam+1500%7CSubmodel%3ASport&hash=item1ea84b9b21:g:z7IAAOSwbdpWaNpy&vxp=mtr

I am sure with the right wiring you can have lows and highs on together.  simply relay setup would do that.

I have the instructions.  Works perfect on my truck and Michael has personally look it over.  Working fine sine March 2013.

I believe specific to 1999 year.  Image No Relay Jump 3-5 is part of Fog Lights on during High Beam.  I am sure you can find the schematic for 1999 and your truck year with a little help from support group here.

No Relay Jump 3-5.jpg

Headlight Harness Instructions 2014.pdf

Edited by bry1216

If I go the sport route I thought about wiring it up like this:

Low beams wired to a 30a relay with the factory low beam wire from the switch used as the trigger. Do the exact same for the high beams but of course use the factory high beam wire from the switch as the trigger. This is how my lights are currently wired. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'd definitely recommend them! Plug and play, no fitment issues, great beam pattern and easy to adjust! My uncle picked up a set after seeing mine to replace his one piece eBay specials and also really likes them. They use your OE corner bulb and socket. Twists and locks right in and come with new gasket/washers. They also come with new headlight bulbs.