• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Would there be any interest in a interior refinishing write up?

2 hours ago, The_Hammer said:

Does the sound deadening material actually make that big of a difference? I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about it's effectiveness. 

I would say the the biggest difference it made was cutting down the exhaust drone to almost nothing. I don't think it's all that quieter but maybe I set my expectations to high.  I've had a few people say it's noticeably quieter. 

I also ran out of material and this is all I could do for the back of the cab. Didn't have time to wait for more so I'm sure that's not helping . image.jpeg.4fc06d237d0372751fd21e4b0c3fe

• Like 1

*Update on painted door panel*

Checked on the panel this morning and it looked like crap once completely dry. Upon closer inspection I realized that I just needed to apply heavier coats. I sprayed on another coat and after drying it looks great. I'm not sure how I feel about the painted fabric, I have a feeling I'll be recovering those sections sooner than later just because the fabric is so worn. 

I have an idea about securely fastening the fabric insert panels back to the door panel once removed. I'm going to use some machine screws in place of the melted plastic rivets. The plan is to drill a hole through each rivet, insert a machine screw with the head ground as flat as possible, then use epoxy to secure them to the panel. From then on out you can use regular nuts to secure the insert to the panel. 

Something else I'm thinking about doing is putting a layer of fiberglass on the back side of the door panels to add strength and rigidity. Remember, I'm thinking about durability for the long haul. 

38 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Darker color dashes prevent windshield glare. In the same token, they also promote more dash cracking because of the dark color absorbing more heat and UV rays.

I was unable to type after I quoted you above, the site has been pretty glitchy today on my tablet. 

Anyway, I've thought about that and may end up applying a matte clear. The main thing is that I don't want it to look painted, if you know what I mean. 

• 1 month later...

Any update on this?! I really like where this is headed as I'm in the same boat, I want to keep this truck for the long haul. 

My biggest gripe with the interior is the back seats, or really just a lack of a head rest for the back seat. If not for anything more than safety concerns. Anyone sitting back during an accident is going to have a major head injury from hitting that glass. I just have no idea of how to add something like that though.

I ended up fubaring my new head liner fabric so I have to order some more smiley_abused.gif

I'm still going to do more work to my interior, just have to wait for funds to free up. My door panels are still looking good after the paint job so at least something went right.