• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

It gets hot you say?  

:whistle:

I can almost hear the music from The Full Monty in the background

Capture.PNG

Don't firepoles and "hot" go together like white and rice??:spank:

sorry couldn't help it.  Man it is hard to find a semi "risky" image of a fireman.  You wouldn't believe what google gives you hahahahah....dont search.

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Dave your going to miss bossing everyone around telling them what to do all the time. :kick:

Here's the inside of my small house showing some of of my handiwork when I was 45

IMG_0314.JPG

That is mighty fine. I remember all the stuff we used to do by hand when I was a carpenter. Set almost everything by hand. I started out on 2 man framing crew. Had help with the floor systems and roofs but the rest was me and my BIL. It was a lot more fun and simple back then. Nail guns, too expensive, we just hand drove everything. 

The things I want miss at all is all the osha crap and being responsible for everyone. And my personal favorite, Storm Water Management. A lot of my job is pretty much a glorified Baby sitter. When I have good subs it is easier but some of the "adults" I have to deal with will leave scratching your head.

I probably want be out of it completely. My employer has expressed an interest in me helping them after retirement and I might build a job a year for them or just go get some jobs started for them until the free up another super. only time will tell.

• Like 2

That could be an option. I think I would enjoy starting jobs for others, getting them out of the ground is one of my strong points. I can get a building into sheet rock and wall finishes in about 4 weeks. Done a few in 3 weeks. Of course alot that depends on how much grading has to happen first. It is the most fun for me because you get to see alot big things happen quickly. While the time to retire is shorter than ever alot can happen in 2 years 10 months and 13 days.

• Staff

Nick what is or was the strip of concrete for going the middle of your yard?

That's how it has been weather wise here in Oregon... one day your shivering trying to get the truck heater going and then the next day it's 80 degrees

• Staff

Maybe Dave had that poured in his early days not realizing it was the wrong address . He he he

It looks like a small walkway that went down the side of a shop back there. Have you ever used a metal detector back there?

Edited by JAG1
  • Like 1

all the houses in the area have attached garage on the side of the house....well except me, not garage ugh.  I am guessing the path is just to a back gate.  The back fence is not original to the house.

In other news, I think I might have a pack rat living on my desk and using my tools........

IMG_20160419_185507.jpg

Edited by Me78569
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...