• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Morning Pic For Today...........Post A Pic around your place.....

JAG1

• Staff

I hear that. In talking about this today, me being in rain country, I actually got motivated to cleaning up the garage. Its a long process since there is a lot of smalls scattered about, but the main thing is I actually got started and that's a milestone for me. I reorganized the woodshed and got things out there to make it easier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, JAG1 said:

I hear that. In talking about this today, me being in rain country, I actually got motivated to cleaning up the garage. Its a long process since there is a lot of smalls scattered about, but the main thing is I actually got started and that's a milestone for me. I reorganized the woodshed and got things out there to make it easier.

I like the motivated part my self. Hard to get motivated when the only day you have to work is a Saturday the back to work Sunday. I am long over due on these same things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Staff

Sometimes if I can really get going on something, not just puttzing, I can get totally obsessed an won't quit till it's done. I like those modes. Just stopping for lunch, now back at it.:bolt:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I am fortunate to have available to me a large heated shop and large attached enclosed heated lean to. The truck has been parked in there since it came home. 

Nice layer of dust on it. :)

Today it gets moved to the hoist bay to start working on the one rusty rocker and cleaning/painting the underside. 

The neighbors "stuff" (plow truck, telehandler, and skid steer) will be out of the way for a while and my truck can reside there for now.

I understand "stuff.":lol:

Edited by Ben
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ben said:

I am fortunate to have available to me a large heated shop and large attached enclosed heated lean to. The truck has been parked in there since it came home. 

Nice layer of dust on it. :)

Today it gets moved to the hoist bay to start working on the one rusty rocker and cleaning/painting the underside. 

The neighbors "stuff" (plow truck, telehandler, and skid steer) will be out of the way for a while and my truck can reside there for now.

I understand "stuff.":lol:

Sweet!

• Staff

Ben, what is a 'telehandler' as you call it? I've never heard that before.

Something about those bigger shop spaces makes it nice for doing truck work. mine just a two car garage, kinda tight. It does have a storage loft above for storing 'stuff', which helps.

3 hours ago, JAG1 said:

Ben, what is a 'telehandler' as you call it? I've never heard that before.

Something about those bigger shop spaces makes it nice for doing truck work. mine just a two car garage, kinda tight. It does have a storage loft above for storing 'stuff', which helps.

@JAG1 This is a telehandler. FB1964E3-8B31-4E8E-963D-EDB83C0F6AE5.jpeg.1fc3bad216af9e6f3a806fed1d3bca95.jpeg

It has 4 wheel steer, the arm booms in/out and goes up and down. Front attachment tilts up/down. 

D3E9429C-9922-4538-948F-F5D748704A6D.jpeg.cccfc592fbde63f2b51af5e6278c64d3.jpeg

The old one that was quite a bit smaller. Very handy.  I’ve taken many bucket rides in that one for up in the air jobs and I’ve pushed a lot lot of snow with it. 

Truck is in the air. Time for fun to begin. 

5D5FB12E-2863-44F7-AB83-9775442EDA9C.jpeg.506fcc8922651827385b32e3f30455ac.jpeg

Edited by Ben
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, dripley said:

I have heard that term many times thru my life and for the past 35 years rented many under the name shooting boom forklift. They will accomplish a mountain of work.

Extremely handy piece of equipment. Especially when you have adapter plates for skid steer attachments. 

It is amazing what the big one will pick with the arm boomed out. 

Edited by Ben

2 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Man, I only wish. As I get older the crawling on the floor is getting older and older. Sure would be nice to have a shop with two post.

I agree. 

I am beyond extremely fortunate and spoiled. 

The underside of the truck needs Jesus and a bath.

Just because it was purchased in Nevada doesn't mean it's not a straight up MN truck which I have learned.

Once I had it airborne and was swearing to the dog and cat I realized that I always fall victim to the assumption that people take care of their "stuff" like I do. WRONG. 

You could eat off of the underside of my 01.5 when I sold it in 2010. The buyer was floored when he was rooting around underneath. 

Oh well. Make lemonade out of lemons time.

• Haha 1

• Owner
7 minutes ago, Ben said:

You could eat off of the underside of my 01.5 when I sold it in 2010. The buyer was floored when he was rooting around underneath. 

I'm trying to get back to that state but when you have a long winter and driving long distance it's tough to do. If I can nail down these last few small oil leaks I'll be right back to spotless on the underside again. I hate to crawl under and be blacker than the ace of spades just changing the oil because there is oil on everything under the truck. 

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

assumption that people take care of their "stuff" like I do. WRONG. 

Man ain't that the truth... The amount of Cummins truck I've played with and worked on mine happens to be the cleanest in the area. All the others are a pit either outside, inside, or both! Makes me wanna cry or find a way to get enough money to buy that poor abused Cummins from the owner and give it a real life and being taken care of!

• Like 2

• Staff

Thanks for the pics Ben. I thought might be for dropping telephone poles down the drilled hole :thumb1:. Anyway I've those before on occasion.

Funny the subject on equipment... just today I ordered a mid size track hoe to be delivered tuesday for tearing down a two car garage that was built in the 30's. Who knows what treasures are up in the attic. Monday we get everything down to let the owner see. It will be fun.

On side note some of the siding boards were milled 19'' wide. We are saving a lot of that old growth material.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

Thanks for the pics Ben. I thought might be for dropping telephone poles down the drilled hole :thumb1:. Anyway I've those before on occasion.

Funny the subject on equipment... just today I ordered a mid size track hoe to be delivered tuesday for tearing down a two car garage that was built in the 30's. Who knows what treasures are up in the attic. Monday we get everything down to let the owner see. It will be fun.

On side note some of the siding boards were milled 19'' wide. We are saving a lot of that old growth material.

How big of mid sized? 

Neighbor has a hitachi that is about the biggest mini hoe there is. 

Sweet sweet little unit.  

Fits in the roll off box. Barely. 

He demo’d 3 other mini hoes before this and they couldn’t compare. 

You might find find some good stuff squirreled away in those depression era buildings. 

• Like 1

• Staff
2 hours ago, Ben said:

How big of mid sized? 

It's called a '55'. It's biggest they had, but will do the job. I'm only renting it since I usually do other types of construction. I get tired of running a machine more than a couple days, tear downs are a bit more exciting.

Thats cool the way you take care of your truck... we can all use you as an example. You and W-T that is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAG1 said:

It's called a '55'. It's biggest they had, but will do the job. I'm only renting it since I usually do other types of construction. I get tired of running a machine more than a couple days, tear downs are a bit more exciting.

Thats cool the way you take care of your truck... we can all use you as an example. You and W-T that is.

Thanks JAG. 

I am very very lucky to have the lift available to me and that the truck can live on it for a while. 

It is going to be a loooooong weekend trying to get this done. I went through 4 cans of rustoleum yesterday after using the wire brush and air gun. 

I only made it to the rear tires and I started at the back bumper. I have not touched the rear end yet paint wise.:wow:

I am going to need a lot more paint.

• Like 1