• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Flooded out.

The_Hammer

• Staff

I see pictures like this flash by on the news and don't think much about it.  Now that it's happening to someone I know, if only through this web site, the pictures take on a different meaning.  Is every one alright, how much damage is there, how long to put things right, is there any help available, what does it take to put a house 8' in the air???   Take it one day at a time and in forty years it'll be a memory of the flood of 16.    God bless and good luck.

• Staff
6 hours ago, Sam53 said:

I'm sorry what your family had gone through. I wish could do something unfortunately my hand is tight the only thing we can do is PRAY. God Bless your family and grant you strength.  

My thoughts exactly.

The river has dropped out of the house and shop. Everything is a mess, which was expected. Our house is small (450 sq ft) and has a pier and beam foundation so lifting it wouldn't be too difficult. The house will need a lot of work and it's honestly not worth the investment. We're planning to scrap it and build something else on 8' pilings. It will take time and money, money being the biggest issue. We're going to try and get a loan for the project. My father inlaw is a master electrician and has built a couple of houses himself and my friend has the equipment to set the pilings and hoist supplies up.

The house had water in it back in 2004 so we lifted it 2', unfortunately it wasn't enough for this flood. This is worst one we've ever had out here. 

It's going to be a lot of work but we'll make it through this mess. I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread. Even though yall' can't be here to help, knowing that yall' would if possible still brings comfort to us during this mess. 

Edited by The_Hammer

The_Hammer, I'm so sorry to see the pictures, and happy the water is dropping.

Also having a little "survivor guilt" since we did not get flooded, and we are just up the road from you in East Bernard.

If there is anything I can do to help you, please PM me!  Not sure what use I could be but I'm not far away.

2 hours ago, BobCat said:

The_Hammer, I'm so sorry to see the pictures, and happy the water is dropping.

Also having a little "survivor guilt" since we did not get flooded, and we are just up the road from you in East Bernard.

If there is anything I can do to help you, please PM me!  Not sure what use I could be but I'm not far away.

I appreciate the offer. We've got it for now and the road is still flooded anyway. 

Would you happen to know any Jurasek's from EB

On 4/22/2016 at 6:19 PM, The_Hammer said:

I appreciate the offer. We've got it for now and the road is still flooded anyway. 

Would you happen to know any Jurasek's from EB

No, but the name is very familiar - I think there is a street in town named for the family.

Nice armadillo!  And very kind of you to haul him out of the water.

• 1 month later...

Guys, keep The_Hammer in your thoughts and prayers, as well as all of the other flood victims in Texas. This flooding is all happening again, starting last Thursday, and it's even worse than before, when this thread was started.

Rivers are cresting at record highs, so I would imagine it is even worse that The_Hammer's pictures posted above.