• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

48 minutes ago, trreed said:

Well, another VP44 has received a kiss from Death today.... The P1691 code showed up, went away, and thankfully hasn't returned as of yet...

Coincidence that this happened a mere 8 days after @TFaoro's pump died? I think not!  Moral of the story: If you are around with Tyler's truck breaks, run! Otherwise the bad juju will make it through a tow strap and into your own truck... 

Now to wait for the inevitable death of my pump :(

:lmao: 

58c887f162435_Wasntme.jpg.34da97dc083a312bfa4332efdf1eed23.jpg

• Like 1

See, the Smarty lists code P1691 as "Fuel System ESS RPM Error" in their little booklet, so I was thinking I could hotwire the FASS if needed, but then Tyler taught me better and his exact words were "you'd better pray that code doesn't come back".  And praying I am.

5 minutes ago, TFaoro said:

:lmao: 

58c887f162435_Wasntme.jpg.34da97dc083a312bfa4332efdf1eed23.jpg

Yeah right!

11 minutes ago, trreed said:

See, the Smarty lists code P1691 as "Fuel System ESS RPM Error" in their little booklet, so I was thinking I could hotwire the FASS if needed, but then Tyler taught me better and his exact words were "you'd better pray that code doesn't come back".  And praying I am.

Got it from here:

You still need to test for AC noise though. 

It's strange, the truck will drive just fine, and then there will be one time where I push the clutch in, it'll rev up to 2K, come back down, shudder below 500 RPM and die.  Then I can crank and crank with no smoke, and if I let it sit for a few minutes, it'll fire up like normal and I can keep going.

Edited by trreed

Well it happened again on my way to the store. So I'm assuming it's ded. 

20 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

however most importanly don't park next to tyler....ever.  and don't EVER connect your truck to his in any way....  

Lesson learned. 

Well something to keep in mind with the Quad.  

The output and the maxes of the system are exactly the same.  We are not doing anything that wasn't done before in terms of fueling.   Most of the time the V2 stuff is actually less aggressive than the old tune, as there is no need to be fueling aggressive with bigger than stock injectors.

The limits of the VP44 system are all the same, the Communication protocol is all the same, its only the calculation going on under the hood that is changed. 

@c.englund  Have you flashed the V2 tune hosted here yet?  Have you updated the phone app to the one hosted here?  Next set your Quad to lvl 1 and tune using valet mode setting.  Figure out how much fuel you can use off the line to keep smoke down and power up.  

Once you have a good starting point come back with what your starting point is.

@Me78569 @Mopar1973Man @TFaoro Quick question, don't want to start a new thread, I put 6 qts. of Mopar GL-4 in my NV4500, it was low, shifting weird I think the guy who rebuilt/owned before me used the wrong oil.

Basically I pumped in 6 qts through the top PTO bolt hole which is about 1/2" higher than the fill port.

Thoughts?

After some feedback from various people @Quadzilla Power was good enough to bump the canbus low limit for 0 -4 psi settings to %125 rather than %115. 

Really for stock injector trucks only, but  that does mean that Torque mangement should be overcome if you set your race tune to be %125 off the line.  

• Like 3