• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

@xxTJRocksxx s5,s6 I moved quad BT slightly under hood and it seems to be working. I did notice last time it happened, it seems like it wants to freeze up and not communicate if I change from tune to tune too often. And then it would just say connection lost with device, but how can a connection be lost if I can pair and unpair at any time,  just feels like it glitches out and freezes up. We'll see what happens since I moved it it's working.

@Carbur8tr yes my stereo has a Bluetooth for phone. But the phone I'm using for quad is not paired with it and it doesn't even have a SIM card in it, it's deactivated. But I see your point how it could still mess with the signal.

Edited by Dieselfuture

My quad app also freezes and looses connection. Happens if my tablet (Samsung Tab) sits in the truck all weekend without being fully shut off. Also, seems to freeze after 3 continuous hours driving. Thought it was the Tablet so I returned it for a replacement. Same situation. Going to move the Bluetooth module as well. Trying to track the culprit one step at a time. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Carbur8tr said:

How's everyone doing with their tunes?  Any new discoveries or progress?

I have some ideas regarding timing tuning that I want to start tackling soon, but I might not have the time this month. I'm day four of ten 12 hour days in a row at work. I need to find an open, dead road, or a track, or a dyno, but i'm cheap. I want to work on a bit of a highway mileage tune, that will likely be my daily driver. What I'm going to try next is disable cruise timing, disable low psi timing reduction, and max out load timing @ 3 degrees. With these parameters, I want to hit the highway at set the cruise at various RPM's (1500, 2000, 2500, 3000) based on the RPM timing chart. Might have to make an exception for 3000 RPM for obvious reasons, haha. I want to data log EGT's and CANBUS fueling at all of these RPM's at various timing settings, in increments/decrements of likely 2 degrees at first, then 1 degree, half degree, etc to dial in the timing setting that nets the lowest fuel consumption without knocking like bastard.

Depending how ridiculous my RPM Max timing settings look, I can fine tune with adjusting load timing, and introducing some low psi timing reduction. I have done a lot of reading about diesel fuel injection timing lately, and it's become very apparent to me that the same # of degrees BTDC of INTENDED injection timing for you and me could net extremely different results. You might have stock injectors with pop pressures dead on factory specs. I might have 7x.014 injectors with pop pressures set a little high or a little low. The different fueling characteristics could have a huge affect on actual final injection timing. I'm guessing VP44 age/health may even affect things to a certain degree. That's why I think it's important to use the measured data available to us to come to a solid conclusion. I suspect that my fueling setup is causing a sizable retardation in final injection timing. I guess we'll see!

-Kole

Edited by kzimmer

• Owner

Just keep in mind that most MPG mode travel will float in the 1,500 timing bracket. (55-65 MPH). As for the 2,000 bracket that above 70 MPH and MPG numbers start to sink no matter what. So I look at it this way create a good starting point for the 1,500 bracket and then build the rest of the timing map for performance. Then use the cruise timing to for your MPG timing at cruise state.

10 minutes ago, kzimmer said:

I'm guessing VP44 health age/health may even affect things to a certain degree. 

So true as my starting of this I come to find out both my injectors and injection pump was marginal at best and failing shortly after starting into the tuning. No, my failure was not caused from the Quadzilla just to be clear about that.

On 5/4/2017 at 8:31 PM, Me78569 said:

I am very curious to hear what you find. 

I'm pretty excited to get going on this, but my next day off isn't until May 13th, and I have some side projects to get ready for camping season as well.

Edited by kzimmer
Typo
  • Like 1

Break out the multimeter and probe the wires from the ecm to the map sensor.

this article has the wiring for a 01 engine.  the map sensor is a 5v reference sensor so you should have a ground, 5v input and an output that decreases in V as psi rises.

Edited by Me78569