• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

1 hour ago, Royal Squire said:

Any idea why I devices don't use Bluetooth 

From what I understand it's a software issue. Apple has everything so locked up that it's literally cheaper to just produce a separate WiFi dongle for the quad vs paying out the nose to Apple for unlocking software. 

@Me78569 any idea why the iQuad is defueling @ 25 PSI now despite being set to 35 PSI? I'm running a Galaxy S5 now with the updated APK iQuad update. Tried everything from unpairing and repairing to resetting all settings in the settings portion of the app. Still won't let boost go over 25 

Edited by crf450ish

6 minutes ago, Royal Squire said:

Why does my iPhone work with Bluetooth in my pickup?  Is that different somehow? Forgive me as I'm electronically challenged!

I'm talking about iPhone + Wifi connection to the Quadzilla vs. Android + Bluetooth connection to the Quadzilla. 

Your iphone will not connect to the Quad via Bluetooth. 

This is is how wireless monitor connections work with the Quadzilla: 

Wifi = iPhone 

Bluetooth = Android devices 

19 hours ago, Me78569 said:

sorry my memory is toast, still on IOS?  

If you are on andriod you can just export to local folder and move it later.  

nope. not on iOS anymore. Switched to android phone. When you say local folder, what do you mean? I'm android dumb haha

5 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Is it a hard defuel or a soft?

soft...just keeps pulling but won't boost past 25 psi. Its something in the app telling the quad to stop fueling at 25 pounds. Strange stuff. 

This shows how you can data log.  at second 29 of the video you can see the fx folder opition 

Install from the play store a folder manager program.  That program will respond to the iquad app when you hit "export data" that will allow you to save that data log to a local folder on the device.

@crf450ish found a minor bug with warm up vs oem high idle.  somehow the quad is "defueling" OEM high idle if the Quad's wamrup mode is not active.  

So high idle still works, but if warmup is not triggered then you will see very reduced high idle temps.  

How? no idea

Why? not a clue

when? peesh

will update as I know more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

@crf450ish found a minor bug with warm up vs oem high idle.  somehow the quad is "defueling" OEM high idle if the Quad's wamrup mode is not active.  

So high idle still works, but if warmup is not triggered then you will see very reduced high idle temps.  

How? no idea

Why? not a clue

when? peesh

So when I get my quad this weekend should I enable warm up mode or should I leave it off since I have factory high idle enabled

5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

How? no idea

Why? not a clue

when? peesh

So the quad is touching it while the tps is at 0. That would explain the hard knocking I was telling you about. Maybe you need to make sure the quad doesn't touch the truck when tps is 0 and speed <35 (or whatever cruise can be set at)

• Owner

That's something I want to touch on the span of cruise timing operates at. @Me78569 we need to include down to 35 MPH and just a hair below 1500 RPM's. Right now the cruise timing only operates at speeds above 45 MPH and above 1500 RPM's so if I set my cruise on at 35 MPH on long city streets I'm stuck with performance timing. Because both RPM and Speed are both below the range. So like include down to 1,200 RPM's and 35 MPH and you'll cover the entire usable cruise band. 

So make it two bugs to fix. 

Like I found this on my day trips to Boise. The truck route through McCall ID is 35 MPH with no traffic lights or stops. I can set my cruise for 35 in 4th gear. 35 MPH is below the cruise timing limit, as well the RPM's I'll have to verify the number.  

Edited by Mopar1973Man

I can only include a 1000rpm range for cruise timing,  I don't feel real good about letting cruise timing enable for the masses at such a low rpm. 

right now cruise will kick in between 40 - 80 mph and between 1400 and 2400 rpm.  if I drop the rpm enable to 1200 rpm the upper limit would have to be dropped to 2200 because of the way the scaling function works to allow timing to be lower at 1400 than timing at 2400 rpm.

That rpm range was choosen to guys with 3.55's could do almost 80 and also guys with 4.10's could do almost 80.