• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline V2 Testing

TFaoro

• Owner

Made it home I'm just barely off the 1/2 mark and got 362 miles in this trip. Basically did speed limit the whole trip. When I got to the interstate I ran it at 80 MPH. I was totally shocked after 90 miles of interstate travel at 80 MPH I continue home at 65 MPH up US95 and still get home with 21.7 MPG. I'm stoked. 

• Like 1

Filled up tonight at 17.8mpg with 340 miles. That's 1/2 city, 1/2 highway and running 80 on the highway. Some old school quad, some smarty, some new quad and some crazy timing :lol:  We'll get something figured out eventually. 

SG says it's reading PSI, but mine is always high was well. Seems to be going up in 1psi increments but I'll look again tomorrow. Going to have to do something with that as I'm still not reading boost until I have 4psi. Makes the truck a bit laggier in the city. Lots of power when she spools though!

Smarty: (because I'm not affiliated with any company in any way) Smarty timing does not go below about 17.5* of timing during normal driving, making it smokey and spool slower. I'm going to catch what a throttle stab does with can-bus fuel on smarty and compare it to the quad with the quad v2 , so everyone can see how the smarty is just throwing a boat load of fuel on even at 0psi and how quad limits the fuel to the user defined setting to eliminate smoke. 

As a note, I am not bashing smarty. Actually I've enjoyed years of towing with it, I just think their tuning makes truck run very dirty in stock form and horribly dirty  with big injectors. 

3 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Kind of like the Edge Comp. It's good powerful box but not enough control to clean it up properly. Now with the Quadzilla and it's simple programming you can control timing and fuel both. I'm sure the Smarty Pro will too but still limited in power production without a wire tap.

Hmm.... too bad you can't stack data links.... otherwise you could show us some edge timing @Mopar1973Man. It'd be interesting to compare stock, edge, smarty, quad. Feel like splicing some wires :lol: 

1 hour ago, TFaoro said:

Smarty: (because I'm not affiliated with any company in any way) Smarty timing does not go below about 17.5* of timing during normal driving, making it smokey and spool slower. I'm going to catch what a throttle stab does with can-bus fuel on smarty and compare it to the quad with the quad v2 , so everyone can see how the smarty is just throwing a boat load of fuel on even at 0psi and how quad limits the fuel to the user defined setting to eliminate smoke. 

As a note, I am not bashing smarty. Actually I've enjoyed years of towing with it, I just think their tuning makes truck run very dirty in stock form and horribly dirty  with big injectors. 

I am going to open a new thread shortly but the Smarty in my little time using it has shed new light on the power potential of these trucks with can bus fueling. There needs to be more r&d on the user side of the smarty settings but so far i am completely smoke free with the smarty.

Revo plus sw levels allow alot of adjustment so dont count it out in the can bus hp battle. To add some fuel to the fire, lets have can bus hp showdown bettween quad & smarty! The other thread will be mine as well as others r&d for smarty on low smoke power.

• Like 1

New timing stuff,  I am working out a few small bugs, but I think we have it. 

cruise timing.PNG

Note thatwhen TPS and MPH both remain semi stable timing gets set to ~19-20*.  This timing amount is user defined so you can choose between 17* up to 25* depending on what is setup for cruise_time_max.  Cruise time max is added to 17* so if you want 20* cruise timing you would set your custom tuning for cruise time maxt to 3*.

22 hours ago, NightHawk said:

I am going to open a new thread shortly but the Smarty in my little time using it has shed new light on the power potential of these trucks with can bus fueling. There needs to be more r&d on the user side of the smarty settings but so far i am completely smoke free with the smarty.

Revo plus sw levels allow alot of adjustment so dont count it out in the can bus hp battle. To add some fuel to the fire, lets have can bus hp showdown bettween quad & smarty! The other thread will be mine as well as others r&d for smarty on low smoke power.

Looking forward to this, and I can do some testing as well. I don't see the smarty working for me, but I do enjoy being proved wrong!

1 hour ago, Me78569 said:

I think I have a fix in place for boost for late trucks.  

Tyler is trying it out to see if it works.

Edit:. I also found the bug that prevents the cruise timing from taking place if cc is used on electric cc trucks.

I'm excited. I love using CC and haven't been able to, so this should make me very happy! It should also stay in cruise state no matter what considering the petal isn't moving. 

Having the boost at the right # will help with spool for me... Having to set 0 quite low to tune out smoke then not see the boost gauge move until 7psi is causing some lag.