• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

1999 Ram 1500 - Engine Swap

TFaoro

I've got a 99 ram 1500 that I picked up for cheap.... someone will want to slap me, but I paid 300 bucks for it with a blown motor :whistle: My neighbor's daughter kept running it without coolant and burned up the 5.9L V8. The junkyard was going to give him $400 for it but he had to drag it over there. I asked to go picking on it before he took it down for my 02, and he said if you get it off my property in the next 10min you can have it for $300. 

My dad and I have been indecisive on what to do with it, but now I want to drop a motor in it to bring to school. I don't want my mint 02 getting stolen again. I could care less about the 1500 :lol: 

Anyway, does anyone know what years of 5.9L will work in this truck? I've got a lead on CL for a motor with 110K with a Tcase for $700, but I don't know if it'll work in this truck or not. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: @Mopar1973Man I'm tagging you because you have one similar!

I want pictures of this 1500, it sounds Freiburger Mint!

The motors are pretty underpowered but reliable with an occasional tune up.  

While its out take the intake manifold off and fix the internal seal which is leaking and making it drive badly.  

I had a 97.  

I would take pictues of the connectors on the truck and go look at the engine.  It is likely the same.  

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CSM said:

I bought a 95 1500 reg cab brand new had a 360 with an auto with 3.90 gears, that pickup was an absolute animal. probably the only pickup I regret selling in my life. She would roast the tires leaving stop lights with heavy loaded trailers with 285-75-16's and always did a solid 14 mpg no matter what.

Had 110K on the clock when I Traded it in on a 99 2500 V10 auto with 3.54 gears it was a total pig in comparison, not much more pulling power and lots worse mpg. Worst deal of my life, only had the pickup for about a year and traded on my 02 cummins could have traded on an 03 cummins with a few more miles but a friend of mine bought the 03 and still has it for the same price hind site now I would have been a money ahead big time but at the time I liked the looks of the 2nd gens better, what a bone head I was back then.:doh:

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 8:58 AM, CSM said:

I want pictures of this 1500, it sounds Freiburger Mint!

While its out take the intake manifold off and fix the internal seal which is leaking and making it drive badly.  

I had a 97.  

I would take pictues of the connectors on the truck and go look at the engine.  It is likely the same.  

1902955_946967375317766_2265585345635392296_n.jpg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

....so how badly do you want that dash and door panels and bezel?  I mean if you are just taking it back up to Denver to get stoeln I might as well get some parts first 

:shifty:

Or I guess let me know where you park it...

Only if you beat me to it!  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CSM said:

Thats a nice truck.  Trade you my running saturn for it! Haha!

No need for a saturn.... YET :lol: 

4 hours ago, Me78569 said:

....so how badly do you want that dash and door panels and bezel?  I mean if you are just taking it back up to Denver to get stoeln I might as well get some parts first 

:shifty:

Or I guess let me know where you park it...

Dash is cracked... typical. Bezel is PERFECT, and door panels are PERFECT, but sadly not for sale. 

If I bring it up here, I might just sleep in it.... with a 9mm.... I think you have my address anyway :)