• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Tanks straps on fuel tank

OK thanks...  Just seems odd to me metal on plastic.  Figure for tank is Figure 14-110 in parts book.  In the last year tank has been 3 times by various people, only once by me.    Maybe one of them didn't tighten up bolts good enough and tank was bouncing around some?  Or something not put back in.  I didn't want to re-install tank if something was missing.

I'd say more then likely they left the strap a little loose, or it wasn't properly aligned in the grooves in the tank.

Also, if the straps aren't already ground down on the edges, I'd highly recommend doing it for the side of the strap that goes into the same bolt the carrier bearing uses. It makes it so you don't have to completely take that apart to remove/install it.

I did mine like this

IMG_2957.JPG