• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

How's everyone doing?

The_Hammer

Howdy all! I haven't been on in awhile and wanted to see how everyone was doing.

I know that most of you live quite a good ways north of me (I'm about 45 mins south of Houston Tx) so y'all will probably laugh at the following.

Last night at 9:45pm it was about 75° with calm winds and by a little after 10pm it was 45° with the wind gusting to 35+ mph. It's currently 32° but feels like 28° which is actually pretty dang cold for this area. The nice thing is that it actually feels like Christmas instead of summer ?

Nothing new under the sun here, had some -15 with -30 windchill, it's better now. Most of Christmas shopping is out of the way, that alone feels good. Been driving my wife's old car for a while so can't complain there, didn't have to deal with gelling up and abusing my truck, seen a few trucks sitting along the road.

On the other note now that I mention my wife, she's got a first new car in her life was heading to a dealer to get plates put on and a guy rear-ended her and then ran away. Luckily she got his plates, called the cops, they found the guy. sure enough no insurance no license. He did plead guilty on the spot, but somehow I doubt that he will pay the damage. Merry Christmas to our 500 deductible.

Edited by Dieselfuture
  • Like 1

@Me78569 Thanks ?

@Dieselfuture That's garbage, it shouldn't cost y'all anything since it was a confirmed hit and run. I hope your wife gets her car back soon.

Woke up to no water this morning and found that the wind had blown a piece of insulation off of one of the pipes under the house. After 20 minutes with the bernzomatic I had it flowing again. It ended up getting down to 27 last night which was a harder freeze than was anticipated. 

Glad to see you did not float away when tide went back out. Been cold out here on the east coast but nothing like the folks north of you. Just dealing with the mud on the job from the little rain showers every week or so. All is pretty normal for this time of the year except for some cold weather.

• Like 1

• Staff

We are al right here. We've just had some real winter weather with snow and ice for about a week. It was missed after 3 years of having no winters. Temps are going up and starting to rain now.

My trucks are running good... mostly had to work on the rv this year.  With new burner on the furnace. Pulled the burner on the fridge and cleaned. New electric jacks circuit board. And rebuilt the 2X2 escape hatch with aluminum, no more cracks from plastic hatch sitting in the sun. I learned a lot.

Hammer, hope you get some snow this winter down there.

• Like 1