• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Adrenaline Economy and MPG

Mopar1973Man

On 3/20/2017 at 5:06 PM, xxTJRocksxx said:

@Alexio Auditore

If you buy a new quad with I quad, you will need to flash the V2 software yourself. The new quads all have V2 capability, you just have to follow @Me78569's Instructions and load the new app and firmware to the quad.

We will flash it for you if requested. There are a couple of other places that will flash it for you when ordering too. 

On 3/20/2017 at 6:11 PM, Mopar1973Man said:

That's is what I'm running. The Quadzilla Adrenaline iQuadBT.

http://quadzillapower.com/2002-dodge-5-9l-cummins-adrenaline-with-iquadbt/

Then stop back over and pick up the flash here on the site.

Or just ask us. 

On 3/20/2017 at 6:28 PM, Me78569 said:

Quadzilla will flash it for you if you ask them to.  But it is a VERY good idea to setup your computer to flash tunes as well.  You never know if something will get updated or maybe you just want to try out an older tune.

Yup and Yup. We will swap out tunes for you, but you have to send it in to us and will be without your box for a few days. It is a good idea to be able to do it yourself. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

After week of running, I did learn some more. I'm not going to reveal any of my tuning yet and I'm verifying my numbers. All I can say is when you hit optimal MPG timing the pyrometer will drop pretty good there should be nearly no injector rattle noise.

Mike, I figured out the same thing but its harder to pinpoint this with 7x.010 injectors. I'm down to tuning the cruise timing in .25* increments to get it right. can anyone post a video of injector rattle on a 24Valve?

2 hours ago, xxTJRocksxx said:

Mike, I figured out the same thing but its harder to pinpoint this with 7x.010 injectors. I'm down to tuning the cruise timing in .25* increments to get it right. can anyone post a video of injector rattle on a 24Valve?

We don't really have injector rattle. Just a noisy engine as timing increases. 

CRs on the other hand can be pretty noisy. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

Here is April's fuel logs. So now everyone knows I've changed injectors and had the VP44 injection pump fail at 243k miles then wheel bearing issues. Now you can see a noted improvement for the end of the month. April 21st was towing the RV hence the lower numbers. The April 17th was the time the VP44 started failing which it failed in full advancement of timing. 

april fuel logs.jpg

• Like 1

• Owner

Strang enough I'm reaching better MPGs with 2° cruise timing. I'm floating 16° to 18° total timing. 

What I'm figuring out you need to work strictly on level 2 or 3 to figure out tuning for optimal MPG numbers. There is few quirks I need to talk to Me78569 about.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I just export my files to google drive and they show up on my computer like magic.

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Personally I wish it would export directly to device storage that the google drive which is PITA.

I've got a update coming soon on my tune. Timing tweaks. Still bench testing.

I'd be thrilled with either of these scenarios if It would work on my device, haha. It works on my phone, but not my Android head unit, where I do all my tuning.

When you hit the "export tune" or "export datalog" button the Iquad app puts an intent out to the device to ask what programs can handle folder navigation.  

If you have a folder app installed you should be able to save those files where ever you like.  Something like fx folder or something.

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

When you hit the "export tune" or "export datalog" button the Iquad app puts an intent out to the device to ask what programs can handle folder navigation.  

If you have a folder app installed you should be able to save those files where ever you like.  Something like fx folder or something.

Yeah, that works great on my phone. But on mine I can't even get that far. I just get a "failed to export" derp message, with no alternatives. Seems like a permission problem, but permissions are good.

3 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

The permissions on the root much be different on the headunit vs phone

You'd think so. I ran a fix permissions app, but I wonder if it doesn't go into root permissions... Sorry to muddy up this thread, I have another thread open for this issue.

Just an update on my MPG venture.

Filled my truck up 2 weekends ago as I was heading out of town with the camper on the back of the truck.  

Drove from Colorado Springs to Granby up i-70 and then whatever pass goes up to winterpark granby(~11,300')  Mostly 65 mpg on the interstate and ~30 mph up the pass. ( 370 miles total)

then I spent the next week driving back and forth to work, so a lot of stop and go 0-50 mph driving, not being nice.  

Ended up pulling 480 miles on 30.8 gallons or 15.8 mpg.  Really happy with that number considering the conditions. 

Anyone that hasn't updated to the hosted version of the tune should.   My low speed mpg has come up a good bit.

• Owner

Something I learn about the new tune. You got to build from the cruise timing in the center and the build you timing map below. What I mean is like I set mine up to have 20* at 2,000 RPM at cruise state. So I've got +3* for cruise state. This means the 2,000 position has to be 17* total. Then I figured starting timing will be 14* so 17-14=3. So there will be 3* gap between each timing placement. 1,500=14, 2,000=17, 2,500=20, 3,000=23. This so far has placed me at the 20-21 MPG realm now for the last few tanks this is running on old stock injectors, level 3 on the Quadzilla and no wire tap yet. I might alter this and tip the cruise at 2,000 to 19* and the rebuild the rest of the timing map. The rest I've built this way because I'm more worried about cruise timing than performance timing. Comparing to stock behavior it really close now how the ECM does timing but now we have control of how much timing and when it applied.

No. I've not uploaded my lastest tune yet... Still looking for a bit more MPG if possible.

15 minutes ago, trreed said:

I've been getting 18+ mpg in stop and go traffic and in the 20's on the freeway.

I'm close to the same I'm doing about 18-19 MPG in stop and go Boise traffic and just barely pushing 21 MPG on the highway.

Edited by Mopar1973Man

• Owner
8 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

At what speeds are you seeing 21 mpg Mike? 

55-65 MPH range. 

At 65-70 MPH it drops to constant 19 MPG on stock injectors.

Like I swapped my travel from US95 and I84 to state hwy 55 and that has made my travel $20 cheap per trip also increased my MPG to the 21 MPG.