• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

If you could go back in time when your truck only had 63K miles

11 minutes ago, JAG1 said:

I'd keep it garaged and wait when newer trucks cost  200 grand with three times EPA stuff and sell it for 100 grand.:thumb1:.

Everyone will be jumpin' for it.:bolt:

so about 5 years at the current rate of increase? lolol

• Like 1

Ok guys I think I might have a slight delay on the upgrades. I have been watching my gauges and I have noticed I cannot build more than 17 psi of boost. Even when I am running the quad on hot. I have attached my log so you guys can see. I have orderd a boost elbow but I am not sure if I have a bigger problem on my hands. What do you guys think?

*guess I cannot attach a picture because it's too big. 

Edited by JDHudsn

Definitely time for a boost test.

I know the power stuff sounds like fun and games but depending on what you are running for a lift pump that would be my very first upgrade at this point. There is no point in big power stuff if you cant provide the fuel to use it. Then some good RV275 injectors and call it good. That coupled with the Quad will be everything you could ask for if you are sticking to you power goals.

UPDATE:

Boost elbow installed. I purchased the adjustable one and decided to put it in without cranking it all the way down. Easily seeing 24psi now! Thanks everyone!! 

@IlikeoldfordsI have already put a FASS 150 lift pump on the truck with 1/2" lines from the bean sump to the VP44. So I am safe in that department. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Update everyone:

I want to build my truck right and want it to last many years.

I purchased a set of ARP head studs. I have read many different posts all over the internet. I plan on replacing one stud at a time and re-torquing 3 times (head gasket is still in good condition). Do you guys have any links for the best instructions you have come across?

I also purchased a set of 7x.009 SAC injectors that I will be installing as well. I am beginning to do my research on installing those. Again if you guys have any useful links that would be greatly appreciated.

Please give me whatever advice you guys can offer. I would like to do this right the first time to avoid problems down the road.

Thanks guys!

Retorque them 3 times then drive easy on it for ~3-5 days then retorque again. you will be surpised how much they tighten up.

we have a good injector install article here, I would check the artciles section.

You will have to forgive me I don't know the rest of your specs?  Auto 5/6 speed?  etc.

29 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Retorque them 3 times then drive easy on it for ~3-5 days then retorque again. you will be surpised how much they tighten up.

we have a good injector install article here, I would check the artciles section.

You will have to forgive me I don't know the rest of your specs?  Auto 5/6 speed?  etc.

I haven't figured out how to navigate this site very well but I will look in the articles section if I can find it!

my truck is a 5 speed. 

Do do you guys truly believe the studs stretch? Seems to me that it would be the gasket compressing...

@jlbayes I purchased a big bottle of ARP lube for the job??!

What did you torque them to initially? I installed mine with a new gasket at the time. Really didn't move much the 2nd time and none the third. Did you break them loose first or just pull on them when you retorqued?

9 hours ago, Me78569 said:

I am sure they stretch some, but the compression of the gasket is what I noticed after a week.  

as for the articles, heres the gold

https://mopar1973man.com/cummins/articles.html/24-valve-2nd-generation_50/

Thank you very much!!

@Me78569are you saying your existing gasket compressed that much after you upgraded the studs?

@jlbayes how many lbs do you have yours torqued down to?