• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

trreed's upgrade thread

@BBHD looking good!  Only thing I wish I could change about my truck is the color. I've always wanted a silver or gun metal grey truck.....

@notlimah I've been surprised as well with how well the truck handles loads. In its first life (I'm the third owner) it pulled a fifth wheel all around the country, and the springs in the rear show it. It has been known to sag with unloaded trailers before. It definitely likes gooseneck trailers over bumper pulls though. Can tell an immediate difference in handling between the two. 

Weight distribution is everything!

Dads_Load_of_Hay.jpg

I do need either some airbags or overload springs for the '96.  It'll probably get swapped to a dually over the summer for hay hauling.

More like his trashed p pump.....  Thought the whole point of the swap was to not have to buy another injection pump?

Though @jlbayes, I am known as Mini Tyler for maybe following his upgrade path...

Edited by trreed

Supposed to and are, are different things.

Fwiw I've had two pumps on my truck. The 180 I took off and sold is still running great last I heard. And made almost 900hp on greeny. Only took off to upgrade. Win some, ya lose some.

On 5/25/2017 at 11:59 AM, Me78569 said:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Tylers truck must have been owned by a witch doctor or something.

I am the witch doctor.....

On 5/25/2017 at 1:32 PM, jlbayes said:

Supposed to and are, are different things.

Fwiw I've had two pumps on my truck. The 180 I took off and sold is still running great last I heard. And made almost 900hp on greeny. Only took off to upgrade. Win some, ya lose some.

Or in my case, lose all. 

I'll throw an update in my thread. Lots of CRAP going on, as usual. 

Edited by TFaoro
  • Like 1

So this isn't necessarily an upgrade post, but more of a "This is why you don't let your Duramax friends work on your truck" post.

Long story short, my Fass 150 (10 months old) has developed a cavitation issue.  You can hear the pump sucking air when it was running, and every now and then it would lose its prime.  So today, I adjusted the return spring (15psi to 20 at idle!), and out of curiosity I started poking around the top of the sending unit.  Lo and behold, the bulkhead of the drawstraw is loose (which the aforementioned Duramax owner insisted on tightening) and is allowing air into the system.

Dammit Jimmy.  

So, a repair date has been put on my calendar, and at the same time I will look at the return system itself, and put a second bulkhead fitting to allow for a 1/2" port of return instead of the 3/8" port it is currently returning in.  And no Duramax owners will be there to "help" lol.

Edited by trreed
  • Like 2

Is it the fitting holding the suction to the tank or the actual fitting to hose connection that's loose? In theory the fitting could be loose in through the hole on the top of the tank but as long as the hose/suction fittings were tight it still shouldn't introduce air into the system. 

• Like 1