• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Going to Dynamic!!

Thanks, guys, for the kind words! I don't get a chance to get on here much anymore, but I thought I'd drop in and say "Hi"...

Matt, it was great having you here, and I enjoyed meeting you and your family! It was a pleasure to build your transmission. I truly wish you could have spent more time in the shop with me, and seen a little bit more of the process. But, when you have a little guy to think of, that's more important.

To answer a couple of questions that were asked:

I do not drill any holes in the input shaft itself (you'd be hard-pressed to drill through it anyway...), but there is a modification to the hub that is made in order to cool the direct clutch, which tends to run pretty hot.

As far as package pricing goes, there are quite a few variables that can swing prices one way or another, but on average, the "Stage 2" will run in the $3500 range (built, installed, with billet triple disc converter). The "Stage 3" will run in the $4500 range (again...built, installed, with triple disc converter). Matt chose to go with a Goerend 15SS converter and a Goerend flexplate (both excellent choices!), which added a little to the cost, plus some freight costs as well.

Yes, I recommend monitoring the temperature of the fluid in the pan, regardless of the pan's size or depth.

• Like 3

I try...! LOL But between running the shop, building my rifles (another subject entirely...), and all of the other stuff I involve myself with, there's not a lot of time!

I'm always available to answer questions, though if guys want to contact me...

• Like 2

I was gonna say $3500 was a SMOKING deal if it had a billet input lol.  Still a great deal without it considering the parts alone for the build must be ~$3000  not much left in there for labor to do the job.

• Like 1

Yes, parts, even at my costs, are a significant chunk on these builds!

Not everyone needs a billet input shaft, so I developed the "Stage 2" package (and its associated valve body calibrations) years ago to utilize the original input shaft, but still have the benefit of a triple disc converter. Billet shafts are never a bad plan, but not everyone has the $$$ for one, and if it's not necessary in a particular application, I don't make you buy one. But, then again, there are applications that simply necessitate a billet shaft, whether a guy has the money or not...! LOL

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Dynamic said:

Thanks, guys, for the kind words! I don't get a chance to get on here much anymore, but I thought I'd drop in and say "Hi"...

Matt, it was great having you here, and I enjoyed meeting you and your family! It was a pleasure to build your transmission. I truly wish you could have spent more time in the shop with me, and seen a little bit more of the process. But, when you have a little guy to think of, that's more important.

Well look who finally decided to drop in! Haha

It was great to finally get out your way Jon! It would've been fun to see a bit more of the process but like you said, but gotta keep the priorities straight! But from I was able to see I learned a lot and I appreciate the lesson so thanks for that and the new trans!! 

Anyways, got home way later then expected, not because of the truck of course, but everything else, so I'll let you all know how it is a bit later. 

• Like 1

Well just wanted to give me official take on the new trans!

So a quick background of where I'm coming from in the diesel trans world... stock... just..... stock! Even power related stuff.... STOCK! So obviously, it was quite an eye opener when I hoped in Jon's stage 3 for the first time.

Things that stood out the most for me was the overall amount of throttle needed to get the truck accelerating. To me it seems roughly about half the amount of throttle input is needed then before to get the truck moving the same. That slightly lower stall speed converter makes a huuuuuge difference.

Next is the shifting. Started out a little firm shifting 1-2 and 2-3 but it's getting better. The more throttle input the smoother the shifts. I think a lot of this has to do with the xzt but even with that off, the shifting is still so much better. Once you get the xzt turned on it gets better and from what Jon's told me, it'll only get better the more power I throw at it.

A couple things I wasn't really expecting was the 'coasting' seems to not be as 'coasting' as will the stock. I imagine that's because of the more stout internals aren't as loose as before or something, but definitely nothing negative. The truck also seems to idle a little deeper then before haha and it still has the stock exhaust!

MPGs on the way out there were right at 20mpgs although I think that was slightly low due to the stop and go traffic I hit for a little over an hour going over Snoqualmie Pass but either way it was around a 360 mile trip and I was pulling into Spokane with right at half a tank. I imagine that my MPGs are at least the same or better now.

Either way, if anyone's on the fence about getting their transmission worked on, do it! Just make sure you get it done right, Jon can get you squared away in no time.

• Like 2

• Owner

Even for owning a gasoline 5.9L V8 with a 46RE (Dynamic Built) transmission its head and shoulders above stock. 1-2 and 2-3 are very firm shifting and let you know that this is not a stock transmission. Gear hold back is much improved now compared to stock which was like putting the truck in neutral on a steep grade. MPG wise it can produce good MPG's as long as you not running excessive fast or playing too much on the streets. 

If I had a 47RE in a Cummins I would repeat the build again with Jon at Dynamic. No questions asked.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 015point9 said:

Thanks for update.  Sounds like you're pleased.  I'm saving my $$$ to get mine done also. 

Yea absolutely! I wish I could've done it sooner but getting rid of the stock trans really changes the truck completely!

That's a good thing to point out Mike. The truck does hold shifts so much better then before. I've only done a couple of my normal routes but it'll hold the current gear I'm in opposed to downshifting like it would with the stock trans.