• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

2000 Dodge cummins 24 valve vaccum hose

hey guys I'm having an problem with my vacuum hose its all the way broken and now my cruise control stopped working and the ac is only blowing out of the defrost. i know this is coming from one of the vacuum hose just have and hard time trying to fix it or finding where i could get an replacement without having to go to the dealer cause we all know they are rip offs... any info would be helpful I'm in texas as the summer is here and its about to get hot...

• 2 weeks later...

The zones are the parts stores like autozone, advanced auto, some of the newer Napa's, some O'reillys....   They are like walmart (and Lowes), they might have it, but nobody really knows, don't know where it is and/or what it is used for.  but hey they have soft drinks and air fresheners.  (these are the places that need to know if it is an automatic and if it has AC and power steering to tell you what oil you need.)  

For tubing connectors, you are looking for a Dorman 47430 .   This is an assortment of different sizes (for straight connections).  But if they can guide you to that area, you may find other things etc that might work better.   They will be in "blister packs"  either in the Red HELP packaging or very close to that. 

Hope that helps!

Hag

Edited by Haggar

• 2 months later...

For what it is worth I recommend just cutting the hard lines out.  Leave enough on the pump end to serve as a nipple.  Then  order some silicone line from McMaster-Carr,  Even vacuum hose from the parts store is better than the hard line.  Route the replacement line to the driver side fender behind the battery, fuse block, etc then across the firewall.  Those hard lines are asking for trouble as these rides age.  I always hated how the factory rant the hard line straight through the engine bay.  Always in the way.

• Like 1