• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

RV275 Injectors

I asked many times what I could do to increase my performance on my 2001, auto. Being in California I can not run a tunner without headaches at smog time.  WELL, truck got to 200K and I decided I wanted to change injectors as I am keeping the truck the rest of my life. Eric at Vulcan performance sold me a set of new RV275s. WOW! What an improvement. More power and milage. They improved my milage by 1.5mpg, from 12.5 to 13.9 or 14. Pulling combined load of 19,500 lbs. First thought this was favorable winds but after several trips with real hard 6% grades I am convinced that they are really great.

Edited by oldbeek
miss spell
  • Like 3

• Staff

6 hours ago, notlimah said:

@oldbeek have you thought about something like an edge ez or quad xzt? Pretty sure I've heard of CA guys running that combo without problems. 

I've been thinking about putting the RV275s in my truck.  The owner of the SMOG test and repair shop I've been going to has retired so no more brakes on my inspections. I'm concerned there might be smoke when the throttle snap test is done during smog inspection.

I don't know about the quad xzt but the Edge EZ is not California Air Resource Board (CARB) approved.  I now have to remove it before inspection.  If the vehicle is registered in the hinterland of California inspection is only when title is changed but in the metropolitan areas inspection is also every two years.

I would ask the dmv what the exact requirmenets are for smog.  even a stock 2nd gen will give a puff of a smoke on a snap test.  

here's my emissions test from yesterday with a 7 x .009's and a the Quadzilla adr at 7000' altitude. 

Last I checkd cali was %25 or %30 ocapity requirement.

I think cali suffers from a lot of emissions techs that don't know what the requirements are.

IMG_20170630_115704.jpgIMG_20170630_115645.jpg

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

I think cali suffers from a lot of emissions techs that don't know what the requirements are.

This is true. The visible smoke test is done with the naked eye no other form of measurement is used.  It is subjective to the inspector's eyesight, time of day, and if he's hung over or not.  The test allows for a "puff" of smoke during start up and no visible smoke during the rest of the test.   

This month I had to modify a computer controlled Idle system because the smog tec said the engine was idling to fast at the factory setting 850rpm and should be at 750rpm.  That 750rpm is only used for timing adjustment but the tec said 'nope, that's the speed CARB wants'. 

On 6/30/2017 at 0:41 PM, oldbeek said:

I asked many times what I could do to increase my performance on my 2001, auto. Being in California I can not run a tunner without headaches at smog time.  WELL, truck got to 200K and I decided I wanted to change injectors as I am keeping the truck the rest of my life. Eric at Vulcan performance sold me a set of new RV275s. WOW! What an improvement. More power and milage. They improved my milage by 1.5mpg, from 12.5 to 13.9 or 14. Pulling combined load of 19,500 lbs. First thought this was favorable winds but after several trips with real hard 6% grades I am convinced that they are really great.

I just installed a set of RV 275s as well. Am pleased with the results but have not towed with them yet.