• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

I have a 150km drive tomorrow evening and I'm planning on doing some logging on the way there at 365 bar. The wife can take a couple videos in my cracked passenger side mirror (woops) and then Friday or Saturday I'll re-pop a little lower.

19 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Hopefully this week.  We will see how things are going.  Between riding the horse daily and the weather being cold I have had no desire to swap injectors lol

I hear that... We finally warmed up to -7 °C today. On Saturday morning we went on a road trip, and it was -35°C at home, -37 in the first town we passed. Crazy cold. It's been while since I've experienced that much cold. I took the VW. Couldn't barely build any heat inside. The manual trans groaned every time I stepped on it from the cold gear oil. Brutal.

@Me78569 are you still running 330 Bar?

Edited by kzimmer

46 minutes ago, Me78569 said:

Hopefully this week.  We will see how things are going.  Between riding the horse daily and the weather being cold I have had no desire to swap injectors lol

I can't complain, we are in the 20s right now so not much is going on outside. 

Well, still a lot of learning but here's what I know so far.... Less smoke (a lot), a lot more power, idle seems cleaner, starts a little harder (extra couple cranks) but I am in no way saying these are definitive because at the same time I switched to #1 fue and the temps plummeted to up to 25ºf BELOW 0. I am not going to make any set in stone opinions until I can get a full tank of #2 and temps around 30 for a while so it might be a while lol

On a side note my 2 injection line is still seeping at the head, I think I'm going to have to take it apart and make sure everything is ok and put it back together

8 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

On a side note my 2 injection line is still seeping at the head, I think I'm going to have to take it apart and make sure everything is ok and put it back together

I would give it few days and see if it stops, sometimes it's just left over fuel gets warm and pushed out from behind the nut for crossover tube.

• Like 1

• Owner

Rather common for the injector line to seep for a day or two afterward. If it continues then I would look at the o-rings. So in a week I would clean the head off with some brake clean and compressed air. Then test drive again. look for the moist tubes then deal with those. Could be over / under torqued which is common too. 

4 minutes ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Rather common for the injector line to seep for a day or two afterward. If it continues then I would look at the o-rings. So in a week I would clean the head off with some brake clean and compressed air. Then test drive again. look for the moist tubes then deal with those. Could be over / under torqued which is common too. 

Dis. I brake clean the snot out of everything and then blast it with an air nozzle.

3 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I think it's stopped.I will check again tomorrow. They are all torqued correctly, even just had my torque wrench cheeked out and its dead on!  Anyway at first it sprayed out over the whole engine and was missing but that's all gone now, just never had one seep out like this I guess.. But other than the hard starts, that may be related to the#1 fuel, everything is great.. I was able to raise my daily tune 10% across the board and have a really high timing curve with no ill effects and practically 0 smoke anywhere even wot and its crazy power... Like break tires loose at 60mph on dry fairly clean concrete..... 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dodgeih said:

I think it's stopped.I will check again tomorrow. They are all torqued correctly, even just had my torque wrench cheeked out and its dead on!  Anyway at first it sprayed out over the whole engine and was missing but that's all gone now, just never had one seep out like this I guess.. But other than the hard starts, that may be related to the#1 fuel, everything is great.. I was able to raise my daily tune 10% across the board and have a really high timing curve with no ill effects and practically 0 smoke anywhere even wot and its crazy power... Like break tires loose at 60mph on dry fairly clean concrete..... 

Thank you for the update!

17 hours ago, Dodgeih said:

FWIW: I have found loosening the blue lock bars, and then tightening down the high pressure line nut first, then the injector, then the blue lock bars. I know it sounds strange, but I've notched that sometimes those lock bars tweek the lines just enough to not get a good seal.

• Like 1

@dirty830 did you say cold at 60ºf? It was 90º colder than that here couple times last week

2 hours ago, pepsi71ocean said:

FWIW: I have found loosening the blue lock bars, and then tightening down the high pressure line nut first, then the injector, then the blue lock bars. I know it sounds strange, but I've notched that sometimes those lock bars tweek the lines just enough to not get a good seal.

I'llcheck it in the morning... Fingers crossed it's dry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dirty830 said:

Just got my DAP 7x13 sac 365bar.

Let me know how they work for you, I'm at the same setup. I'm repopping tomorrow to 340ish. I am curious how they start in the cold. I wish you were in a colder climate so we could compare.

Edited by kzimmer
Typo