• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

1 hour ago, Silverdodge said:

If u were close he'll ya

Lol where are you at? 

2 hours ago, Mopar1973Man said:

I'll just take the NV4500 for a spare... :whistle2: Don't have a 47RE to give up. :broke:

This doesn't seem like a very good trade on my end lol ha ha

2 hours ago, kzimmer said:

Yep.

I'm not joking! I have really been considering this! 

I love my 6 for towing which I don't do a lot, but driving around not as much. Taking off in 2nd without slipping the clutch almost impossible and taking off in 1st is too low but I'm used to it now. Built auto would be great too but but then my wife would probably want to dive it :shifty:

Give me a 5/6 speed anyday.  I dont need to go 0-100 fast,  a good 3rd gear pull is enough for me.  The auto gearing is just too wide for my taste while towing.   towing up the pass ( 35 mph speed limit) sucks.  little to low in 3rd and screaming in 2nd.  I dont need the power I have in 2nd.

@Me78569 I agree with you on the towing aspect between an auto and manual. The gearing spread is just all wrong to tow well. A 5 speed auto would be great.

Probably would never handle the power and abuse, but I think a CVT trans behind a Cummins would be neat. My wife's Mini Cooper has the CVT and it just winds out and goes.

5 hours ago, Me78569 said:

Give me a 5/6 speed anyday.  I dont need to go 0-100 fast,  a good 3rd gear pull is enough for me.  The auto gearing is just too wide for my taste while towing.   towing up the pass ( 35 mph speed limit) sucks.  little to low in 3rd and screaming in 2nd.  I dont need the power I have in 2nd.

That's why I got second gear lockup. Sooooo much better. I still want a manual though.

• Haha 1