• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Custom Quadzilla Tuning R & D Thread

Me78569

Power is awesome and sometimes I worry with how quick the power comes in.  I can tell you that I would not want to drive the truck without the quad pulling the canbus back.  Even as it stands with the canbus maxed at 79% I can hit 40-43psi easily which is just about where I want it.  If I was smart i would hook up the gate on my turbo but I just haven't felt the need to bother since I can control overall boost with the quad. 

I'm happy with the performance and you would never know that the truck is running a 240hp+ injector from those videos.

• Like 1

So I finally got my fuel leak fixed. All it took was a new(used) fuel line a new o-ring popping the injector out cleaning up that tips on the fuel line and crossover tube multiple times and taking the line off and on and off and on and injector in and out and in and out and trying to find no ring that would work in town. All in all almost 4 hours more work and it appears that the leak has stopped. The truck fire sup almost instantly period quicker than it has ever started before. I don't even know if it makes one fold turn before it fires up now. Uphill downhill cold or warm 0 degrees or 40 degrees doesn't matter it just fires right up.

So now I'm thinking about getting a set of the same injectors set at 305 bar to do some testing and comparing.. Still up in the air I guess right now I have a couple choices. I sent in my old injectors and just found out that they were in fact junk. They were junk out of the box. Don't ever buy injectors from contagious diesel. But anyway I'm at a spot where I can have the same nozzles as I have now set the 305 bar for testing or I can do something like put a 125 horse power nozzle Giver take on those bodies and just sell them to regain some of my lost money. I just don't know what the right thing to do is. What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, Carbur8tr said:

If I was smart i would hook up the gate on my turbo but I just haven't felt the need to bother since I can control overall boost with the quad. 

I wouldn't hook it up. I'd leave it sealed up. I think with proper tuning, wastegates on single turbos are a logical falsehood. I mean if you couldn't control fuel properly based on boost then it's necessary, but with the control we have it's a no brainer.

9 hours ago, jlbayes said:

While a properly sized turbo (compressor, turbine and exhaust housing) will not need a gate anything undersized will. Issa long dark deep worm hole into that side of things.

I really don't like that wormhole.

Update.. My #2 line still leaks.. New o-ring, new line swapped tubes loosened injector.. I have tried a million things a million times.. Still f-ing leaks.. Irritated doesn't begin to describe it.. I have spent close to 10hrs total trying too fix this damn thing.. Going to swap #1 and #2 injectors next I guess... 

• Like 1

I ran a test yesterday comparing my daily tune to a stupidly aggressive tune set at %150 duration from 0 psi to 30 psi.   I wanted to know if there was a significant difference in power between a clean tune and an overfueled tune.  

overfueled vs Tuned.PNG

You can see the huge amount of fuel down low.  However most everything else follows each other.    Both reach 60 mph at pretty much the same time, both have about the same egt's and both build and hold boost exactly the same.  

The overfueled tune did feel more responsive when not at WOT, but that was simply because I didn't have to push the pedal down as far to get the same seat of the pants results.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jlbayes said:

Bring it to me and I'll get it to stop.

What's your plan because I can't even think of any thing else or any other combination of things to try at this point.. I have done it million times a million different ways..even swapped injectors.. Stays on #2... I have used different O-rings swapped tubes swapped injectors tried every tightness loosen clamps to clamps off loosened injector tried it with every odd combination here and there in between all of those things. At this point the only thing I can conclude is my number two line and the used number to line that I bought to try to replace it are both bad

I've used 1500 paper and my fingers on the line with good results, just pay attention and be patient. And make sure you give it time to stop leaking as some fuel is left behind the nut that screws in head and with heat from head fuel will come out pass threads, that's why if you don't have hard starts (I don't think my truck makes a full revolution before it fires up) leave it be for few days. Or something is cracked, like tip of the line.