• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

Quadzilla Shudder light throttle

Mopar1973Man

The funny (or not so funny) thing is, that's how I knew for sure that I slipped my converter today. I was passing a car on the highway, matted it, and when it shifted into OD I dropped from 50psi to 40psi, and I felt the clutch grab with the drop in power. Woops... New boost Defuel setpoint.:violin:

On 10/7/2017 at 12:30 AM, kzimmer said:

The funny (or not so funny) thing is, that's how I knew for sure that I slipped my converter today. I was passing a car on the highway, matted it, and when it shifted into OD I dropped from 50psi to 40psi, and I felt the clutch grab with the drop in power. Woops... New boost Defuel setpoint.:violin:

Better then what I did 2 weeks ago just put on my new turbo and let it run for a few days got on it once striped the input shaft on the drum side..... 

Eww. Hopefully your converter survived it. I think I might start collecting parts for a manual swap as I find good deals. Something I should have done a long time ago. When this 47re comes out for a 4th time, it's staying out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Me78569 said:

anywhere between %100 possible and %0 possible lol.   Some trucks seem to be prone to airlock.  My truck has never once done that.   

Are you able to repeat the issue?  

Figured as much haha. I have not been able to repeat the issue as of yet. 

I had a one-time stall out. Wouldn't start. Couple codes. Towed home. I thought I cooked the vp until I decided to crack some lines. Fired right up and hasn't missed a beat since. It was one of those cases where I was beating on it and let off the throttle very quickly.@Mopar1973Man gave a good educated guess around here somewhere just recently about what is happening in that particular scenario. Makes a lot of sense.

• Owner
On 10/17/2017 at 5:53 PM, kzimmer said:

.@Mopar1973Man gave a good educated guess around here somewhere just recently about what is happening in that particular scenario. Makes a lot of sense.

When you figure out boost pressure and compression ratio (16.3:1 or 17.0:1) you find that the calculated cylinder pressures are way up there. Like the last I remember on the math at 30 PSI of boost with no fuel the cylinder pressures are roughly 1,100 PSI. So when your getting upwards in boost pressure and dumping lots of fuel the pressures get even higher. The thing is the injection pressure always is high than cylinder pressures so fuel continues to spray because of heavy throttle. Now jump off the throttle instantly that pressure will most likely over come the pintle and push compression gasses back into the fuel rails air locking the injection pump. This why most performance guys have to tap the throttle several times as the RPM's falls to keep fuel spraying and keep pushing the compression gases back out of the lines.

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2017 at 11:00 PM, Me78569 said:

Kzimmer found a bug that kept load from showing on the screen.  I forgot to comment out a testing thing I do.  No impact other than not seeing load on the screen. 

Here's the fix. 
V2Idlesmooth.exe

It also has a new thing in the defuel to try and increase fueling if boost drops too much below the defuel set psi.   This was only an issue if you were shifting into OD while boost was at or near the limit.  It would self resolve, but it took a good 5 seconds.

I have never had a problem with any of the others, but this one my computer is telling me it's a virus and even when I bypass the safeties to get it to download I can't get the computer to let me open it and load to my quad. Same computer and settings I have always used