• Welcome To Mopar1973Man.Com LLC

We are a privately owned support forum for the Dodge Ram Cummins Diesels. All information is free to read for everyone. To interact or ask questions you must have a subscription plan to enable all other features beyond reading. Please go over to the Subscription Page and pick out a plan that fits you best. At any time you wish to cancel the subscription please go back over to the Subscription Page and hit the Cancel button and your subscription will be stopped. All subscriptions are auto-renewing. 

VP44 PSG5 limitations read/write

I've been around the web but I haven't come across writeups on the mod. I would just like it now for when it's pitch black on the interstate. I'm in Gillette currently getting gas.  In the last 211 mi I got 12.5mpg exactly.

Weigh ticket reads

Steer axle 4700lb.

Drive axle 6120lb

Trailer axle 11500lb

Gross weight 22320lb

Attachments never work from my phone on here

Edited by rogerash0

• Owner
8 hours ago, rogerash0 said:

Attachments never work from my phone on here

Send in a support ticket we'll look into it...

8 hours ago, rogerash0 said:

I've been around the web but I haven't come across writeups on the mod. I would just like it now for when it's pitch black on the interstate. I'm in Gillette currently getting gas.  In the last 211 mi I got 12.5mpg exactly.

I've done the sport headlights with relay mod.

I've four 100w aircraft landing lights with relay mod. 

After all said and done... HID headlights blow the doors off of any stock headlight mod out there right now. Trust me its worth the extra money and just change over to HID lighting and skip the whole britebox idea or relay mods. I drive 250 miles every other day from New Meadows, ID to Ontario, OR and back New Meadows, ID. I know what you mean about dark. 

I've had hid 55w and 35w and they were almost too bright. The 55w was too bright. The spread pattern was crap. The ddm tuning 55w failed after a slight wash under the hood from when my tranny line blew. 

My engine oil was in the words "add" on the dipstick just now. I est 1 to 1.5qts low. I maintained oil pressure the whole time driving. When I am low on oil like that, below the safe zone, is the motor ok bc there is oil pressure but the oil cooling capacity is reduced bc there is less/low oil in the engine? Thx

Edited by rogerash0

44 minutes ago, rogerash0 said:

I've had hid 55w and 35w and they were almost too bright. The 55w was too bright. The spread pattern was crap. The ddm tuning 55w failed after a slight wash under the hood from when my tranny line blew. 

My engine oil was in the words "add" on the dipstick just now. I est 1 to 1.5qts low. I maintained oil pressure the whole time driving. When I am low on oil like that, below the safe zone, is the motor ok bc there is oil pressure but the oil cooling capacity is reduced bc there is less/low oil in the engine? Thx

your fine. These engines will take serious abuse and keep on chugging. I can attest to having lost a vp-44 front seal and gave my engine a srubb bath with a custom mix of diesel and engine oil. took a year's worth of oil changes to get the diesel (the green tint) out of the engine oil.

On 11/5/2017 at 9:36 AM, rogerash0 said:

Mike is talking about a retrofit, not a pnp drop in bulb. 

FB_IMG_1503880020783.jpg

Right on, ya. Had a great day at Firepunk Diesel in the sticks of Ohio. Laid down 653.4hp with the 225 Mach 6 injectors from F1 Diesel, on the first pull. Truck doesn't like timing, it made the most hp with timing on 2. I should have tried timing on 1 (stock). Tq was about 1200-1250 depending. 455hp was the best with the "50" hp injectors.

Thanks jl, I've seen his thread and checked out the setup when he posted it. $$

This is my tuner, however it's the 98.5-00 model

https://edgeproducts.com/shop/01-02-dodge-5-9l-cummins-competition-juice-w-attitude-cs2

I have a print sheet and pics of the Dyno screen that the print sheet is of. I logged the runs on the edge, but I doubt that will show us the ramp rate of timing you are talking about, unless that's contained in some variable I am unaware of.

We also put a mechanical boost gauge on and i saw a Max of 53 or 55. It looked to move and reflect boost numbers quite differently to the one on the edge screen, but it was all happening very fast. We did three baseline pulls and four with the 220 sticks.

• Like 1

Final graph

https://drive.google.com/file/d/19lW0vjyXGYZKbCg3sF-SnvIT2L_Asmh6/view?usp=drivesdk

Truck on Dyno

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1on3ks9mzf7oZT5_kHEYEsRJ4Oa5iYvtZ/view?usp=drivesdk

First dyno with 8 hole "50hp" injectors according to the PO.  The dip represents tc unlock which was commanded by the PCM. Lavon hooked up the snapon reader and looked at tps signal and speed sensor from the rear diff. Signals were good and didn't drop off, so it was the pcm commanding unlock when going straight  to WOT after lavon established load and about 45mph if I recall correctly, in third gear.

I need a TC lockup switch really bad if u guys know how to install one. I think Lavon said just pin 20 to ground at the PCM but I didn't quite catch it when we were in the truck, on the dyno.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ig06fcRxImtX3Xh65WNc0kxJ4Oc994z8/view?usp=drivesdk

Edited by rogerash0

• Owner

High Megapixel pictures tend to fail. If there are scaled down then they typically upload fine. What it is the site attempts to take your uploaded photo and process it down to 1024x1024 to keep photos from eating up the storage space fast. Photo are getting so large now the server chokes on the large files and kick the error message. Even my cell phone does the same thing. 

Coming from web design background in my youth, the very first thing in tried to so was resize the pic and upload it again. I resized it and it failed... I can't remember what res I set it to but generally 800x600 or 1024x768 is plenty big even on today's monitors for just pics on forum boards. Maybe I'll try again later but I tried a ton so patience ran out.

Edited by rogerash0

Hey on the quadzilla tablet I'm using, under vehicle selection, there is no v2.7 unless I select 2.7 "v2 quadzilla test only 2". So I've been using 2.5 "v2 Dodge 1998-2002".

I did update the dongle with the latest 2.7 before I ever used the unit. Also when I tried to setup my own custom tuning if it was lower than 100% the truck would bah bah bah bah like a lope/lug/misfire at idle in park if I gave it some gas. It couldn't overcome itself. I tried from say 70% to 99% and it always seemed to do that. So I've been running the default Custom Tuning Profile.

It has Mach 6 "220hp" injectors from F1 Diesel now. 

Any tips appreciated. I haven't had much time to play with it but I've been using it. Much smoother than the edge and less smoke. Feels as or more powerful I think but I don't have a ton of time on it